retrieving box key and ird key on atmega 163 card

abcdefghijk

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello everyone,

ive got a problem. since the atmega 163 cards blew up a few days back, i was thinking of trying to get my funcards programmed, however here is the problem, i cant find them. now i still do have my atmega card programmed and would like to manualy reprogram them, however iv been told that i need to enter my box and ird keys in toxic 7. can i find my box and ird keys from the atmega card. i have no idea where to look to find them. is there another way of finding them, as at the moment i am pretty stuck.

many thanks

hi,

as far as i know if you pop your card into ure programmer and read the files with multi-prog, save them

one of the files should be a bin file which you can open up in toxic and get your ird and boxkey

hope this helps

thanks for the help guys.

thanks for the help guys. finally got my bk and ird keys. the next thing is how do i get the new keys. ive downloaded the new tw rst and opened it up with notepad. im assuming the keys are somewhere there. can anyone tell me which lines the key 0 and key 1 are situated. this would help much.

many thanks

tia

abcdefghijk said:
thanks for the help guys. finally got my bk and ird keys. the next thing is how do i get the new keys. ive downloaded the new tw rst and opened it up with notepad. im assuming the keys are somewhere there. can anyone tell me which lines the key 0 and key 1 are situated. this would help much.

many thanks

tia

top two lines mate covered in detail if you use the search button cos i posted it last week {exactly where they are }

not sure on what to search for. but i have tried a few things and to no avail. what should i type in the search bar.

in toxic 7 you only input the last 8 pairs of keys, however there seems to be a change of 9 pairs when i compare yesterdays and todays keys. do i just put the last 8 and forget about the other one. also when i write the ext eeprom file to the atmega card. do i need to convert the file to hex using swapbin hex or is it ok to write the bin file. also do i need to erase the card each time i update it.

many thanks

You only need to look at the top 2 lines and on each of those lines it has the Key0: and the Key1: keys and the check sum at the end like this:

:10000000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAFD
:10001000D6AB1A137529E77289B77E70309D89CAED

you dont need the last two digits {checksum}

and its best to erase the card everytime you write to again

thank you

finally got it. thanks for all the help jimmy and everyone else.

many thanks

Back