resistors

corey

Inactive User
Reaction score
whats the best way to remove the resistore r416r417 cheers theyre bloody small

lol @
UNDETTERRED said:
just flick'em off with a screwdriver

Thats certainly one way to do it but not the best if you want to ever be able to put them back on again !

Easiest way without damaging the board is simply use a soldering iron - alternate between the ends of the device and, if you are quick enough they'll come off no bother.

Alternatively, a bit icky but it should work, jut leave the soldering iron on the device for 5 secs or so and thermal conduction will usually melt the solder at both ends of the device. You can then just slide it off using the iron.

draindet said:
Satch

I think thats the wrong link mate, that one is for using a solderless jtag.

Hi draindet,

The Jtag is a bonus M8? in that guide by BM there's away of removing/cutting Talkback without removing the two resistors r416r417.

found the caveman method with the screwdriver very easy and effective

Satch said:
Hi draindet,

The Jtag is a bonus M8? in that guide by BM there's away of removing/cutting Talkback without removing the two resistors r416r417.

Sorry mate you were correct i couldnt open the link at the time i posted but now i can and see what you mean, ill just take my foot out of my mouth and go away, sorry again.

draindet said:
Sorry mate you were correct i couldnt open the link at the time i posted but now i can and see what you mean, ill just take my foot out of my mouth and go away, sorry again.

HiYa,

No Probs M8 you could have been right, I'm still learning and need putting in my place every now and again. She always doing that more now than again LoL

where could ya get that sort of jtag from i got pogo one but the pogo is not in match with the points dunno how to make em match up lol :(

taffyss said:
where could ya get that sort of jtag from i got pogo one but the pogo is not in match with the points dunno how to make em match up lol :(

HiYa,

Well I don't really know? you could ask BM if he would make you one?

Which stb are you trin to do, I use the solder type from TMC still.

sammy i still need soldering equipment which i will get in few days its gonna be my first sammy box :p.. not that i really need to do it cuz the box i have my first coems with with ntl card paired so no need to do jtag yet :p.. just wanna learn how to do it incase i buy boxes without cards..

sammy i still need soldering equipment which i will get in few days its gonna be my first sammy box :p.. not that i really need to do it cuz the box i have my first coems with with ntl card paired so no need to do jtag yet :p.. just wanna learn how to do it incase i buy boxes without cards..

delete this post sorry my browser went slow for a second and it said cannot find server so i though it enver got posted lol delete this one

Last edited:
taffyss said:
delete this post sorry my browser went slow for a second and it said cannot find server so i though it enver got posted lol delete this one

HiYa,

Yep know what you mean, I Jtagged a sammy with known BK this morning just to see if I could get the BK off it? as when I did my first months ago it was just a click of a button, but now you have to find the right bytes to use.

As for your post you can delete it yourself in edit your post.

kool il prolly try it out on my new sammy wanna learn how to jtag hahah kool.. ill post again if theres any probs..

Back