Replacing Sky+ Tuner/Cheap Sky Box repairs

Kris

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I've got a Sky+ box that has had an unfortunate incident with some lighting this afternoon. It appears to have damaged tuner input 1 (the main tuner) but tuner 2 is working fine and picks up a signal whereas tuner 1 doesn't.

It's an Amstrad box and the tuners appear to be inside two small metal covers under the fan.

I would take it apart myself and swap the tuners over but I don't particularly want to in case I statically damage it not having any anti static protection and I'm not 100% certain it is that because I don't have an oscilloscope so does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that can do it cheap? Anywhere in between Mid Wales and Bristol would be superb.

Thanks

it'll be cheaper to get another box from ebay

Argh bugger. I know its about £20 for the tuner. I'd do it myself but the only safe facility I have to do it is at work but I'm kind of working :p

Is it possible to move the hard drive to another box or is it digitally locked to that particular box?

theres a company calle SDS in devon m8

01271 325 777

tell them i sent you ;)

theres a company calle SDS in devon m8

01271 325 777

tell them i sent you ;)

I've just rang and they quoted me for the job and then I asked how much again and mentioned your name. Price doubled then :eek:

Just kiddin ;)

I'm going to Devon soon! East Devon mind but close enough! I'll give them a go mate. Cheers :Clap:

Back