Replacing Old Minix X7 Box

Gwyn1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,

In my Bedroom, I currently run an Openbox V8S for sat Freeview, and a Minix X7 for IPTV.

Although the Openbox still gives me adequate Sat reception, from 45E to 45W, my Minix X7 is limited to Android 4.2.2, and is struggling with IPTV HD transmissions . My first intention was to replace the Minix7 with possibly a Minix U9h, or a Dreamlink T2. Has anyone had experience of either of these Android boxes?

My second thought was possibly getting just one box to give me both Sat and IPTV. Is there such a box that has a decent Sat sensitivity, and give me a glitch free HD IPTV reception.

I would be grateful, for any comments and suggestions

Thanks

I run iptv on a minix u1, I have used the stb emulator app, Kodi addon and iptv providers apk and they all worked perfectly.
I will purchase a u9h when the price drops.

One of these below are a fantastic box and option of a built in hard drive

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR Digital Receiver

I run iptv on a minix u1, I have used the stb emulator app, Kodi addon and iptv providers apk and they all worked perfectly.
I will purchase a u9h when the price drops.
@avid Im looking for a box was going to buy a new type amazon TV box does smart iptv apk work with your box fine , any issues? does it really have a 1Gigabit Ethernet port or does it have a 100 lan port and lastly does having a Gigabit Ethernet port make any difference at all to watching IPTV

@shaun127 iptv works on it perfectly using either iptv android apps or iptv kodi addons. I just recently starting using Iptv smarters app posted by @JonMMM which I really like.
It does have a gigabit Ethernet port but I don't use it as I can watch Iptv with just the wifi connection which works great. I have two of these devices and not had a problem with any of them.....

@shaun127 I bought both mine from ebay, one new and the other second hand. There is a newer model now minix u9-h but it ain't cheap.

@shaun127 I will only upgrade when I need to or I can pick a u9-h at a decent price, second had even. But the u1 is doing everything I need to do at the moment.

i run a minix neo x8 h plus with the forked version of my giga Krypton. it runs IPTV just fine. give it a try on ur x7 before forking out more cash.

I got one of these a few days ago...Openbox VX 2GB

Comes with stbemu pro and iptv has run like a dream. More down to who you get your subs from but I've had no issues with the box.

If u want a android box try droidbox they do a range of boxes with dual boot android and kodi and run the latest android /kodi versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back