replacing ms28 with hitachi 46

squirelleyes

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

My ms28 is dying i've tried the new 5.2 but its def getting worse so am guessing the lasers knackered.
I have a spare hit 46 can I stick this in in place of.
Do I use the slax method to flash it
Do I flash it with the FW from the ms28
Do I spoof it through slax.

Any help appreciated

THanx all

I thought after the last couple of updates the drives are now locked down to the consoles via make and firmware level.

You can not replace an hitachi with a sammy, or a sammy 25 with a sammy 28, you get a error 66, or 65 or something???

you should be able to spoof the firmware with firmware toolbox 3,flash the hitachi with your key using the firmware toolbox and spoof it to report as a sammy ms28

thought i'd done it there ive inserted the key from the 28 & spoofed as a 28 & it will play a movie ok but even if I insert an oridinal disk it says To play this disc put it in a 360
I know the drive had been flashed previous & I havn't got the orig bin file am guessing this is maybe the prob & I cant flash it with the orig . bin from the sammy cos the maximus prog wont accept it.

Cheers

I know how to make the fw file and done it about 3 - 4 times but I would flash the chip with a progammer
if I tell you what I do someone them may be tell you how you coud get the fw file on to the the drive without using a programmer.

You get you hitachi drive, flash it with gary opa 2.3 , you will then have your folder of files on the pc get the Now fw file and open this with fwtoolbox copy and paste you key first,press replace key, then tools spoof firmare, ms28 leave it on master checksum , then select generate encrypted file this will make a new fw file, ready to be flashed to your hitachi
Now I would now remove the tsop chip and flash this with a programmer and solder the tsop back on ,that the only way I know and it work's.

hopefully someone will know how to flash your file I have shown how I made with out removing the tsop.

Back