Repair R519

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Trying to fix a Samsung r519 laptop for a friend.

The battery does not function so must always be connected to power source. He says the electric went out and was unable to turn laptop on after.

I've looked at it and AC adaptor is fine, the hard drive is turning off upon boot but nothing on screen.

I've tried doing a power reset, changing about RAM and also just replaced bios battery.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Best regards

1 Take the battery out and see if it boots ?

2 Have you tried taking the hard drive out and see if the laptop can boot

3 Are see if you can boot with an external monitor connected press power on and press Fn + F8

Yea I've removed the battery, still the same. Will try other steps.

I've also read that running a laptop with battery that doesn't function is not good for the motherboard. Never heard that before.

But at least motherboafd is only £30

Since you had the laptop disassembly, Did you check to see if the connections to the hard rive was seated correctly?

Trying to fix a Samsung r519 laptop for a friend.

The battery does not function so must always be connected to power source. He says the electric went out and was unable to turn laptop on after.

I've looked at it and AC adaptor is fine, the hard drive is turning off upon boot but nothing on screen.

I've tried doing a power reset, changing about RAM and also just replaced bios battery.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Best regards

Try with external monitor you be surprised the amount of times the graphics go on laptops

Back