Renault Clio 1.5 dci 2007 Timing belt.

Curious123

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Our Clio has done 70000 miles on the clock seems to be running fine and there are no issues apart being told the front lower arms need changing. The mechanic we normally use for general repairs on the car said that we should change our timing belt as the recommended interval is 70000 miles or five years whichever comes first. My question is that we are looking to part exchange the car in the next 3 to 6 months so would like to avoid any major repair work or bills , am I likely to getaway without getting it done?

its a risk you take mate even at 40 k these can go but the way to look at it is the car is worth about 1k and the timing belt change will cost you at least 400 so is it really worth it

Our Clio has done 70000 miles on the clock seems to be running fine and there are no issues apart being told the front lower arms need changing. The mechanic we normally use for general repairs on the car said that we should change our timing belt as the recommended interval is 70000 miles or five years whichever comes first. My question is that we are looking to part exchange the car in the next 3 to 6 months so would like to avoid any major repair work or bills , am I likely to getaway without getting it done?
Its just a gamble mate.
I had a clio that stripped 12 of the teeth at 69K and fooked the engine up.

It could last..but then again it might not.
Theres no way of telling.

Back