Remote Control and backing up

Plebster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently using the latest Next Gen image which is the best image I've had. I have had a lot of issues since getting my dbox. No picture, bird chirping and constantly having to reset it. However since ripping out the modem and upgrading to next gen I seem to have found a stable set up.

However.... could anyone point me in the right direction for the following.

1) The remote control is the wrong we around. You press up for down channel and vice versa, is there any way to change this?

2) Now that I have a stable image I want to set up for mp3, direct recording, movie playback and pictures. Once these are set up are there any inf, ini or conf files that I can back up so when I'm trying new images I can ftp these config files back and have mp3 etc set up?

hi m8

goto settings.... key setup in there you can change the keys

cheers

let us know if its ok now m8

hope this helps

Hello,

The key thing is easy to change. Go to the settings menu then go down to the option for key in there and you can then change the up and down key buttons in there.
The mp3 issue. Have a look at the second thread down from the top titled here is everything.
Follow that thread and in there is a tutorial on how to do the mp3 streaming.

All the best,

Sparks

Gav and Extarspark thanks for that about the remote. I'll give it a go when i get home and let you know how i get on.

I've been thinking about the mp3/ movie/ record set up. I'm sure that this must be stored in a config file somewhere once i've set it up. When i get home tonight i'll set this up and then i'll grep through the system and see what files just got changed. Hopefully we should find the files. I'll let you know the outcome.

Plebster said:
2) Now that I have a stable image I want to set up for mp3, direct recording, movie playback and pictures. Once these are set up are there any inf, ini or conf files that I can back up so when I'm trying new images I can ftp these config files back and have mp3 etc set up?

If you save the neutrino.conf file to your desktop, then that contains nearly all the settings you have changed in the image. You'll find it in /var/tuxbox/config. Use this file when you flash a new image to restore all your streaming/recording settings, etc.

Liam

Let me know if its the right file, (i'm pretty sure it is!!)
Liam

Back