Red cordeline

baron

Inactive User
Reaction score
With us having the worst temp on record in dec 10 we have to mourn the demise of this tropical type palm that stood proud in many a front garden

Everywhere I go I see another one with all its leaves hanging limp and sullen
This last winter has really taken its toll on many a plant that has servived previous mild winters....... what happened to global warming

Yes mate , dead all over the country thanks to temps as low as -15

Tropical plants tend not like that,lol

I have a Cordyline Australis and it was covered in thick ice from a leaking gutter and it looks fine. I'm a little worried about my Acers that suffered the same and my Tree Ferns look well sick but I think they will survive.

From below the rotted stump a new cordeline is growing how amazing is that,nearly 2 years on

Last edited:
Wow bugger me i remember having one of these when i was younger in mum and dads front garden and ive always wondered what it was called.Its still there to this day i think i cant get it to show up on google maps but it was a massive thing in the middle of our front garden i think its the same plant mentioned.

Is that those things I've been referring to as "big Yukka type plants" after I noticed everyone has a dead one in their garden after the cold winter?

From below the rotted stump a new cordeline is growing how amazing is that,nearly 2 years on
Well its amazing I now have three cordelines growing from the old root, very cold winters are productive in the long term

Back