Recovering Files

joebow

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi..

I have 2 external Hard Drives...Trouble is stupid me formatted the wrong one....ans it contains all my old 33 & 45 records converted to mp3 and various pictures....is there any program to recover any of the data....I only did a quick format....

Thanks

Joe

First thing to do is NOTHING, nothing whatsoever on that drive as you could overwrite data. The data will still be there, just currently unaccessible.

A quick Google for unformat a drive freeware and here's
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Mind you not freeware, but if you search long enough I'm sure you'll locate one.

AFAIK a quick format just alters the MBR to tell the OS that the drive is empty.

Mobad recently had success with "get data back". Acronis also do a data recovery tool. Both have free trial versions on their site.

Last edited:
google 'active file recovery'

under acronis

pay for the license about 20 quid

it will recover every deleted partition and the files contained within reason

i have had a corrupted raid 0 on several occasions and this software is the best i have used

and raid 0 with out a partition is a nightmare to recover

i get 99% success rate with this software if the partition that is deleted is not overwritten by new data

u've posted this in wrong section...
try computer section

AFAIK a quick format just alters the MBR to tell the OS that the drive is empty.

Mobad recently had success with "get data back". Acronis also do a data recovery tool. Both have free trial versions on their site.

Yup its true, 100% of my drive was recovered with get data back and I strongly recomend it to you as well.

get data back is good but Easy Recovery Pro is the mutz nutz.

I've got a cd full of these recovery progs and I've tried and tested each one - but Easy Recovery Pro found the files all the others (inc Get Data Back) couldn't.

My vote goes for Easy Recovery Pro

Back