Recovering Files

joebow

Inactive User
Hi..

I have 2 external Hard Drives...Trouble is stupid me formatted the wrong one....ans it contains all my old 33 & 45 records converted to mp3 and various pictures....is there any program to recover any of the data....I only did a quick format....

Thanks

Joe

edds

VIP Member
VIP Member
First thing to do is NOTHING, nothing whatsoever on that drive as you could overwrite data. The data will still be there, just currently unaccessible.

A quick Google for unformat a drive freeware and here's
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Mind you not freeware, but if you search long enough I'm sure you'll locate one.

little_pob

Jnr admin
Staff member
Jnr Admin
AFAIK a quick format just alters the MBR to tell the OS that the drive is empty.

Mobad recently had success with "get data back". Acronis also do a data recovery tool. Both have free trial versions on their site.

Last edited:

MikeS

DW Member ++
google 'active file recovery'

under acronis

pay for the license about 20 quid

it will recover every deleted partition and the files contained within reason

i have had a corrupted raid 0 on several occasions and this software is the best i have used

and raid 0 with out a partition is a nightmare to recover

i get 99% success rate with this software if the partition that is deleted is not overwritten by new data

Teeny

Inactive User
u've posted this in wrong section...
try computer section

mobad

DW Member ++
AFAIK a quick format just alters the MBR to tell the OS that the drive is empty.

Mobad recently had success with "get data back". Acronis also do a data recovery tool. Both have free trial versions on their site.

Yup its true, 100% of my drive was recovered with get data back and I strongly recomend it to you as well.

Madagasca

get data back is good but Easy Recovery Pro is the mutz nutz.

I've got a cd full of these recovery progs and I've tried and tested each one - but Easy Recovery Pro found the files all the others (inc Get Data Back) couldn't.

My vote goes for Easy Recovery Pro

TEST