Recovering a video !

sirius5e

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all , i used an Ati Radeon pci card as a capture device a while back to record some files but the card is now broke and i cannot find anything that will play the files .
The file shows up as 1.10 gb and as a .vcr file.
I have tried vlc , total video converter etc, any ideas please :Clap:

Last edited:
Have you tried k-lite codec pack ?

I have downloaded the pack m8 but can't find a .vcr file player or codec, is there a player for .vcr files in it ?

Thanks oneman thats where i got the AVS-Video-Converter prog from reading that same thread last time i tried to solve this.

Its so annoying, the video is deffo playing but the screens always greyed out!!!
Any other ideas :Clap:

Open the ATI Library, find the file that you want to convert, right click it and presto, it brings up the menu where you can choose to "export to MPEG-2" this will export the file to MPEG-2 format, and then you can use your other tools to play with it and do with it what you like! I appreciate all the replies that I've received, on this question, and thanks for all the ideas!

The problem is the file was created by a previous pc with an Ati card and the file was on an external Hdd, so i don't have any ati software on this pc.

This pc does have an onboard Ati radeon Hd 4200 though, could this help me out somehow.?

Have you tried installing the ATI software, I don't think it needs the correct card to install.

Back