recover photo and vids

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - i got a samsung s8, i dropped it and smashed the screen, it comes on but the the screen is alll fuzzy and lines on it, you can see the phone starting and the icons appear but i cant touch any of them to make it work..i basically want to recover the photos and vids i have stored on the phone...any good program that will allow me todo it. I can connect it to my laptop and shows up as s8 but when iclick on it , it says no files present...any ideas ta?

hi guys - i got a samsung s8, i dropped it and smashed the screen, it comes on but the the screen is alll fuzzy and lines on it, you can see the phone starting and the icons appear but i cant touch any of them to make it work..i basically want to recover the photos and vids i have stored on the phone...any good program that will allow me todo it. I can connect it to my laptop and shows up as s8 but when iclick on it , it says no files present...any ideas ta?
When you click on it on your laptop...is the phone locked? Because you will need to unlock it before you can access it on your pc or any other software.

Was the media stored on the internal storage or sd card?

If it was on a sd card simply pop it out and put it in a card reader

Last edited:
no phone is not locked, storedd on internal memory..
i tried phone resue for android but i need to put the phone into "usb debugging" mode, but i cant do that cos the touch screen is not responding although i can see all the icons on my phone..20191016_231920.jpg

Strange, Every Samsung or Android phone ive had ive been able to see the stored files on my pc aslong as the phone as been unlocked whilst connected.
I just goto "my computer" and select the device, it shows me internal and sd folders.

Nah still nothing is shown..even when inconnext to another PC.
I can see pics in my gallery on phone

Bit of a longshot, if you inserted a memory card, would the phone automatically copy the DCIM folder to the card?

Bit of a longshot, if you inserted a memory card, would the phone automatically copy the DCIM folder to the card?
Mine didnt
It did change the default location to sd card when opening the camera app.
But all original pics stayed in the internal memory.
Pity you have no control over the screen otherwise you could of copied them to sd.

Really need the pics n vids , my missus past away recently , got kids pics and vids with the missus..

Really need the pics n vids , my missus past away recently , got kids pics and vids with the missus..
I dont know what to suggest mate apart from having the screen replaced.
Ive never had an issue hooking my phone to the pc and viewing the files aslong as the phone isnt locked.
Ill have a search about and see if theres anything else i can suggest.

Another longshot. Try a few different USB cables as some are not data cables.

I don't know what the handshake is like between them, as in user input to enable it, but is it worth looking at the Dex route or compatible usb-c docks like Melowpow that would allow desktop access

Ok thanks..ive tried genuine usb cable that came with my s8..still no good...however after playing about with the phone i somehow managed to get it into usb debugging mode..lol, now i ran the "phonerescue for android" software, it found all the photos and vid, however it wont allow me to recover...cos i have to buy the licence..lol...so need a hacked version or licence key for the software...so if anyone can assist...ta

I don't know what the handshake is like between them, as in user input to enable it, but is it worth looking at the Dex route or compatible usb-c docks like Melowpow that would allow desktop access
In my experience ..and ive had almost every samsung phone going...once connected to a pc, you can normaly view it as a device...like a HDD through "My Computer" aslong as you have entered the lock screen passphrase.

Last edited:
sometimes on the phone you have to select the type of usb connection. I.e data or just charging. Thats what my samsung J6 asks anyway

thanks s8 is not supported in kies i just tried it......think the android rescue is the way to go but need to download a hacked version.....

Thsnks working fine...just going through recovering data..this gonna take ages 15714230842001516279237789155233.jpg

Nice one, I hope it recovers them for you, and make sure to back them up all over the place so you can't loose them.

Its got to the end..but seems to be stuck..doing something but been like this for 30 mins....maybe I need to wait ..lol
20191018_215316.jpg

Back