Recording problem

Hairy Steve

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks. I managed to get bitcontrol working on all my PC's, can stream mp3's from my PC to the telly but i cannot record to my PC's hard drive.

I'm sure i've done everything properly yet nothing happens when i record, no errors and no files appear in the shared movies folder.

Everything pings OK, my network is fine. All my permissions are set, have tried this on both my PC and laptop. PC is runnig xp-pro with no firewall and windows firewall turned off

Laptop is running 2k.

dbox is flashed with sportster 1.7

ucode 0014

I did notice that when i reboot the box, it loses my mountings and recording settings.

Any ideas?

[edit] I placed a file "test.ts" in the shared movies folder and i can see it on the dbox. May be a permissions problem but i'm sure i've set it up correctly

[edit] I set up an auditing policy on my laptop and i could see the successfull logon attempt by the dbox, so file permissions are not an issue.

I also used tuxbox commander to copy a file frommy dbox to the movies share on my laptop, so my file permissions are definately OK

I'm stumped

Last edited:
Have you picked the right Mnt folder on your Dbox to record to? I've noticed some images have two.

I'm sure you have already tried this, but just in case, it's always a good idea to do a test without firewalls and anti-virus software running.

I have it set up using the correct directories.

This is a pisser.

Think it's worthwhile trying another image?

or tryng dbox winserver, is there a guide for the winserver route?

Come to think of it, I had some problems with one of the Sportster images myself. It might have been the same on you're using, but I think it was a general mount issue. Couldn't even see TS files on the PC. I am currently using the latest Next Gen image, the one with the EPG fix, and while Direct File Recording was skanky on the previous version, it's been 100% flawless on this one, and stability is perfect too, although the CAMD needs a restart from time to time, but it never lets me down while watching a channel. I would definitely recommend it.

If you want to try the DboxWinServer route, it's very easy. It's all in the Dbox For Dummies guide, but it's so straightforward you probably won't even need instructions. You will need the Microsoft Net stuff installed to be able to record to TS using the UDrec module, though. I think the full name is Microsoft Framework.net, and it's a free download from their site.

Last edited:
Back