recording on pc

ianmcv

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idiots guide to setting up a network for recording from dreambox to pc?
Managed to get it to work on the older Gemini image but it fails to mount with the new Gemini image.

Regards

I don't know about other people with other images but I tend to stick to the neutrino image.

The only successful way of recording with neutrino seems to be using ngrab.

You would have to ask others on how this works, I have been focusing on the direct file recording which I just can not get to work in the current version of neutrino. I have reported the problem to the ruDream team but nothing has come of this yet.

I don't think to many people have had to much luck recording to why you don't have your how to guide on the subject. There is still allot about the dreambox that is still in development. Its not been around as long as the dbox2.

trooperboy

yeah i cant seem to get the 'direct file recording' in neutrino Either.

I did actually get this to work on the first Gemini image I used. I am now using the lastest, I think, Gemini image and it does not mount the folder.
I found a guide and followed it but still have the same error.
Inless there is a problem with the newer Gemini image I cant see what I`ve done wrong.
I stopped using the Neutrino image because I could not get all of the channels with it and it kept freezing on me.
I might have another possible way of recording using another piece of Linux software but that might take me a while to setup and try.
I would appreciate any ideas anyone has.

Regards

hi i use jack the graber and winserv they both work as i have 2 dreams (i know lucky barsteward) one on each box i had to use two different pices of software as they did not like to run 2 instances at once but this runs on neutrino image hope this helps
just use the dbox 2 guide to set them up

Thats one of the great things about being able to mount a PC file share on a dreambox, you don't have to worry about conflicting software. If only the direct file recording worked!!!!

Saying that I don't have a problem mounting a file share, it mounts OK, I can even watch things I recorded with my dbox via the file share. I get an error stating the dreambox does not have write access. I know it does because it creates an XML file of what it was trying to record and that writes to the fileshare ok.

Oh well, I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release, if not the one after.

trooperboy

lol, thanks for pointing out that thread to people k-net :)

Back