Recording on 500c ?

ash213

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a recording option.

BUt..do i needd to add a harddrive ? if so ,how ?

There are two ways you can record with a dm500.

1. You can attach a NAS (Network Attached Storage) drive to the ethernet port on the dreambox. This is like an external hdd only it has an ethernet connection and has it's own ip address.

2. You can share a folder on your PC and record to this.

In both instances, you will need to create a mount on the dreambox to connect to the shared folder on the NAS or on the PC.

There are a few guides in the download section on doing this. You can also setup a mount to stream movies or mp3s from your PC or NAS to the dreambox.

There is also a basic guide here...

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=102266

Have a search for mount or recording as it's been discussed loads of times. :)

nas drives looks fookin expensive !

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that just a USB2 caddy?

I assume the one needed would have an ethernet port?
Also would that be plugged into a router along with the 500C?

Can you assign a static IP address to NAS drives or would it need to get one automatically from a DHCP server?

With the Naslite software it's static only.
The caddies I have seen give the option for either DHCP or Static.

Cheers Phat, just noticed that auto/static IP is listed as a feature of the drive enclose mentioned.

got the recording working on a mount but i gave up because the picture keeps going pixeled after every couple minutes

Cheers. Ill stick to recording on the pc then. Im using Neutrino btw if it makes any difference.
It might. I have been unable to get stable direct recordings from any Enigma image, but it works fine on my Neutrino 0.9b image.

Back