recording IPTV stream

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than VLC player and ffmpeg can any one recommend an alternative to record IPTV?

I have a enigma2 receiver too that can be used to record but it wont allow be due to the service type being 5001/5002

looking for something that you can set timers with e.g tv show x is on 9am to 10am record that time frame

thanks for any help

Last edited:
Been awhile since I use E2 as things have really moved on nowadays. But last time I recorded of E2 I HDD formatted to EXT4 and mounted to E2.
I had many lines runs running from same supplier and separate lines running from another provider with “jedi maker xtream”.
You will need two separate lines, one to record and one to view. Or multiroom, one to record and one to view also.
From memory if you only have “one connection” on your line once you begin recording the channel the channel will lock-up. But if you check your HDD it will be recording.
(DO NOT CHANGE CHANNEL WHEN RECORDING)

If you have more than one supplier change your server in Jedi and use that other one while main one is recording. For multiroom you will not need to do that as you will be using two connections, one to record and one to view.
With setting EPG to record I recall doing that also awhile back without any issues.
E2 have a tendency to lock up channels after awhile, i also advise to install “quarter pounder” on E2. It will NOT stop glitching from provider but if channel locks it will restart stream, ideal if recording in the background.

Enigma2 Quarter Pounder (IPK)

You can change service type back to 4097 as that allows recording but playback quality may not be that good.

You can change service type back to 4097 as that allows recording but playback quality may not be that good.

Wow that worked like a dream the last time i tired that all the recordings were all pixelated and pretty much useless.

Been awhile since I use E2 as things have really moved on nowadays. But last time I recorded of E2 I HDD formatted to EXT4 and mounted to E2.
I had many lines runs running from same supplier and separate lines running from another provider with “jedi maker xtream”.
You will need two separate lines, one to record and one to view. Or multiroom, one to record and one to view also.
From memory if you only have “one connection” on your line once you begin recording the channel the channel will lock-up. But if you check your HDD it will be recording.
(DO NOT CHANGE CHANNEL WHEN RECORDING)

If you have more than one supplier change your server in Jedi and use that other one while main one is recording. For multiroom you will not need to do that as you will be using two connections, one to record and one to view.
With setting EPG to record I recall doing that also awhile back without any issues.
E2 have a tendency to lock up channels after awhile, i also advise to install “quarter pounder” on E2. It will NOT stop glitching from provider but if channel locks it will restart stream, ideal if recording in the background.

Enigma2 Quarter Pounder (IPK)

Never heard of QuarterPounder looks great.

I dont actually watch the IPTV channels often as i download or watch the channels on Terrestrial or SAT.

just want to record things that are on at like 4am like the boxing and UFC as some times it 12+ hours before they are released by the scene and trying to avoid who won or what happened during that time period is difficult.

Never used Jedi always used E2m3ubouquet as thats what my provider supports. Would you recommend Jedi over it?

Also what about options for windows, linux, mac? Is there app out there that you can use to stream and record IPTV/m3u lists?

main goal is to just be able to set a show/fight/movie to record etc.. I have a number of machines in a DC so if I can do it on a windows, linux, mac it means i dont have to worry about my crap internet dropping.

Last edited:
Wow that worked like a dream the last time i tired that all the recordings were all pixelated and pretty much useless.

I dont actually watch the IPTV channels often as i download or watch the channels on Terrestrial or SAT.

just want to record things that are on at like 4am like the boxing and UFC as some times it 12+ hours before they are released by the scene and trying to avoid who won or what happened during that time period is difficult.

Never used Jedi always used E2m3ubouquet as thats what my provider supports. Would you recommend Jedi over it?

Also what about options for windows, linux, mac? Is there app out there that you can use to stream and record IPTV/m3u lists?

main goal is to just be able to set a show/fight/movie to record etc.. I have a number of machines in a DC so if I can do it on a windows, linux, mac it means i dont have to worry about my crap internet dropping.

I recommend Jedi also, its a little more configurable setting wise you can change service types etc.

I also tried Quarter pounder which basically reconnects and keeps the recording session alive i didnt have much luck with it personally but other did, my issue could of been the provider at the time.

On my E2, I use a mixture of FTA from $ly (using ABM) and IPTV stream. I do this by way of replacing a channel with an IPTV stream. This allows full use of 7 day EPG.

I do have odd channel freeze so will try this Quarter Pounder to see if it helps so I can go back to 4097 stream instead of 5001/2

Jedi is by far “a must” on E2. It’s very easy to setup and you can select the bouquets you want on the box. If your provider supplies channels like “South American” channel you can de-select that so your not scrolling through channels you have no interest in. Also as previously mentioned if running multiable lines on your bouquets you can go to channel like sky movies and record, you then select a separate server in your bouquets and watch something else while other is recording.
I personally had good results using quarter pounder, but it is not a silver bullet for providers servers wobbling. Maybe set restart delay to higher number to allow E2 to work on providers wobble, maybe 3 seconds. I noticed it working when I set at 1 second as it glitched rather than solid freeze that required you to change channel for stream to restart.
For recording on windows you could try smarters for windows, I uploaded somewhere here but can not find it, or try running XCIPTV or TiviMate on bluestacks. I have never tried them methods but I assume they would work on windows.
But what you are trying to do can all be done on E2.

The important thing to remember when doing the above mentioned on E2 is NOT to change channel when recording, you provider will see two connections on a one connection line.
Unlike xtream-codes panels it would block second connection. On XCUI panels it will give sever freezing and unwatchable to watch as it will lockup at least once a minute and provider may ban you.

Last edited:
I gave up trying for reliable recording on E2 had me fuming on a number of occasions missing early morning UFC or Boxing. Best thing ive used on Windows for recording was ProgDVB very tricky to setup but very rarely let me down recording wise.

It records via screen grab as opposed to connection so one connection allows you to watch it and record the same channel if you wished to, unlike e2 it does not drop the channel should it freeze it simply carries on recording when the stream resumes and it will as you can set ProgDVB with a re connection feature the recording carries on but you would have a blank amount of time till it reconnected the stream. As this is PC based i moved on from that got a second hand Formuler Z7+ never looked back the most reliable thing for recording ive ever used.

Thanks all,

I found simple Tv which i thought was the best as it can convert stream in real time to .Mp4 and had the schedule recording option.

ProgDVB was good too but it crashed a number of times on me and i only used it for an hour or so.

Other than VLC player and ffmpeg can any one recommend an alternative to record IPTV?

I have a enigma2 receiver too that can be used to record but it wont allow be due to the service type being 5001/5002

looking for something that you can set timers with e.g tv show x is on 9am to 10am record that time frame

thanks for any help
You need a multiroom connection to record on iptv and put the box in standby if its a single connection

Back