Recording BBC1 problems

Moley-UK

Member ++
Reaction score
Had this problem for a while, am just fishing about for a proper answer, althou the one i've got in my head seems quite logical i guess.

Basically when recording or playing back BBC1 i get broken files, and upon playback i get the buffering message, and choppy audio/video also.

I'm guessing its down to the 10Base-T ethernet can't handle the bandwidth of a BBC1 stream being played/recorded, and it causes broken files and jittery playback.

Am in a telewest area, just wondering if anyone else has these problems?

Tried on several images, currently running Commando Laid Bare

I regularly record BBC1 with no problems whatsoever, I'm in a pure NTL area. I do have several BBC1's to choose from - if you have several available, have you tried recording a different BBC1?

what file format you recording in ?

i record using direct file method and the .ts files play without showing the buffering .

are you using direct file as recording option or a windows based record server like dboxwinserver?

if i use dboxwinserver and set multiplex to turn the .ts file into avi then try playing that file with vlc it wont have none of it , and get the same problems as you.

another segestion for you would be to try one of the new image school images as they are from new cvs and vlc has had alot of bugs fixed and plays alot better than before.

I just use the direct recording to a windows share. I've tried all the BBC1's in the list i get from a scan, but it just isn't having none of it.

I can record sky movies channels all day long, its quite happy with any channel bar bbc1, not tried bbc2 yet, but assume thats the same.

Will give a new image a try, but I've been trying since well end of 2005, but never really looked into it before.

Back