Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory Kit
LiteOn iHAS124 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive
Western Digital WD1001FALS 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache
CoolerMaster 120mm Sickleflow Fan
Coolermaster Elite Power 500W PSU
Coolermaster Elite 430 All Black Interior Mid Tower Case with Side Window
TP-Link PCI Network Adapter

I mostly use this for internet browsing, downloading and playing Football Manager and SimCity 5. However i'm thinking of giving the next console (Xbox one / PS4) a miss and getting a graphics card for this pc and then switch to PC gaming instead.

So i'm after some advise / recommendations on what graphics card to go with. Can anyone advise?

Thanks,

Darren

Hi there Ive just bought a Radeon 7870 2gb Overclocked with 4 decent games from aria. Its on offer at the moment for £168...

So if you are still looking its a great buy....

Hi there Ive just bought a Radeon 7870 2gb Overclocked with 4 decent games from aria. Its on offer at the moment for £168...

So if you are still looking its a great buy....

Which one of these is it m8? link & link

As i've been looking at maybe one of these or possibly this one if i can save a bit of cash.

Its the VTX3D black edition and it runs a dream. On the website it doesnt appear to have the free games but someone had posted a message and they will honour the offer. Its worth sending them a message first if you are gonna buy one.....

Any more info just ask....

Its the VTX3D black edition and it runs a dream. On the website it doesnt appear to have the free games but someone had posted a message and they will honour the offer. Its worth sending them a message first if you are gonna buy one.....

Any more info just ask....

Glad your enjoying your card but personally would not buy from Aria as customer service is not there forte, and being a VTX god help you if something goes wrong and you have to RMA, you will be looking at about a month turnaround.

I've never had any problems with my cards or aria but then i'm only 15mins away so just call in. the 7870 and the 7950 are both good chips ive tried quite a few games now @ 1080 maxed out with no problems with the 7870.... but the 7950 is a really good offer...

The 7950 is a great card, but you might want to look at Nvidia's offerings as well. I actually dislike nvidia as a company, but unfortunately physX is very useful to have, which is obviously not something you can get with an AMD card. That said, get something relatively cheap with some overclocking headroom if you want a budget solution.

well i've finally gone and ordered a graphics card. I've gone with this one, will hopefully get it delivered tomorrow and give it a try out of the weekend.

well i've finally gone and ordered a graphics card. I've gone with this one, will hopefully get it delivered tomorrow and give it a try out of the weekend.

I wouldn't personally have gone for the XFX, as if anything goes wrong it has to be RMA'd to them and about a month turnaround, MSI and Gigabyte are better since have 3yr warrany and have local RMA bases, also most MSI cards are volt unlocked so have a lot of overclocking potential :)

hz4e.png

its not a bad card. The only slight concern is the power draw of 225W is probably going to push your 500W PSU close to its limit.

Let us know how you get on with it.

The card has arrived and i'm now up and running. I had a blast on Battlefield 3 lastnight with 64 players in one game on the Metro map :)
i can see myself playing on the PS3 less now.

Back