Recommend a good email client for Android

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using K9-mail as my email client for years and i can't complain about it, but recently my work has changed there security settings for email clients that can access the work email(gmail) so i can no longer use k9-mail as it isnt secure it says. I am unable to change this setting to allow my the K9-mail app as I am not the email admin.

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 9.01.21 p.m..png

to get around this problem i started using hotmails email client and my only words to describe it is that is rubbish. reasons why it is rubbish
  1. no quiet time.
  2. very slow.
  3. i believe it is not written in android native language but instead written in Javascript and compile into android as it is just so buggy.

would anyone recommend an email app(Not Gmail) for android that has quiet time setting, thats quick and light on resources. Seems like everyone i tired is very resource hungry and my only alternative seems to be the gmail app which i don't want to use.

I have been using K9-mail as my email client for years and i can't complain about it, but recently my work has changed there security settings for email clients that can access the work email(gmail) so i can no longer use k9-mail as it isnt secure it says. I am unable to change this setting to allow my the K9-mail app as I am not the email admin.

View attachment 122147

to get around this problem i started using hotmails email client and my only words to describe it is that is rubbish. reasons why it is rubbish
  1. no quiet time.
  2. very slow.
  3. i believe it is not written in android native language but instead written in Javascript and compile into android as it is just so buggy.

would anyone recommend an email app(Not Gmail) for android that has quiet time setting, thats quick and light on resources. Seems like everyone i tired is very resource hungry and my only alternative seems to be the gmail app which i don't want to use.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to use Gmail? I have used it for a number of years on Android and am very happy with it. Do you know something we don't?

Is there any particular reason you don't want to use Gmail? I have used it for a number of years on Android and am very happy with it. Do you know something we don't?

No i dont know anything ye dont know, it just im not a fan of the application.

@MH i have been using the TypeApp for a few days and am very impressed with it. it has a lot of extra functionality i dont want but is still very quick. I cant get over how fast it is compared to hotmail.

thanks for the recommendation

Back