Reclining seats on aircraft

Lanstrom

Inactive User
Reaction score
So I am on my way to Spain which is only a 2 hour flight, then suddenly 1 hour into the flight the beeatch in front of me just slams her seat back at full pelt. She then continues bouncing up on down on it because it wont go all the way back. I then politley point out to her that the reason it wont go all the way back is because its smashing against my kneecaps !

Then without any apology she mumbled something to her mate who then turns round and gives me a dirty look before replying to her 'well he should have paid for extra leg room'

HAHA .. she expects ME to pay for extra legroom so SHE can recline her seat !!

Reclining seats should be BANNED on all aircraft :(

Flight i was on last summer there was a teenage brat in the seat in front of me, he had it reclined fully back the entire flight, and wouldn't put it up even when we were coming in for landing when i asked him to. I spoke to his mother but they ignored me and in the end the air hostess had to tell him to put the seat up. Unbelievable!!

or maybe they could fit time-locked solanoids to them so they only work on night flights at set times.

Some people are just so damn rude. She didnt even look behind her before she did it. Good job I didnt have a hot cuppa in my hand.

So I am on my way to Spain which is only a 2 hour flight, then suddenly 1 hour into the flight the beeatch in front of me just slams her seat back at full pelt. She then continues bouncing up on down on it because it wont go all the way back. I then politley point out to her that the reason it wont go all the way back is because its smashing against my kneecaps !

Then without any apology she mumbled something to her mate who then turns round and gives me a dirty look before replying to her 'well he should have paid for extra leg room'

HAHA .. she expects ME to pay for extra legroom so SHE can recline her seat !!

Reclining seats should be BANNED on all aircraft :(

Just say out load " THINK IM GOING TO BE SICK" very close the the head watch the seat zoom up

I either jam my knees so hard so they can't move them or if they succeed I make it a very bumpy ride for them. It's really annoying as it's usually slight people who feel the need to recline. They get oodles of room and then reduce mine even further.

Guilty of being a big bloke with long legs.

Last edited:
I either jam my knees so hard so they can't move them or if they succeed I make it a very bumpy ride for them. It's really annoying as it's usually slight people who feel the need to recline. They get oodles of room and then reduce mine even further.

Guilty of being a big bloke with long legs.

Me too, I'm 6'3" lol, another one is just keep wigglin and forcing your knees into the back of the seat, they soon get pi**ed off with that.

i would of just kneed`d the cnut as hardas i could when she was bouncing it up and down, and told her you just got me right on me knee jerk.............and then keep doing, rude feckers! or better still ask to swap with the person infront of her and then do it to them.

bit of a bad design though dont you think if they can put it back and it interferes with the person behind,

This is a pet hate of mine it's like twats in the cinema that kick the back of your chair. or even worse put their feet on the headrest of your chair grrrr.

We were on a flight once and some woman reclined he chair while we were eating our in flight meal. My wife kindly asked her to f@*&ing move it now.:proud:

last year , on way to florida , i hooked up my mp3 player temporarily to the little clip ( that opens the tray that u put yer dinner on ) just while i got my headphones out my pocket !
this is my fault but still pissed me off.....
any way this fat cow in front SLAMS down on the recliner and my mp3 player popped off the clip and dropped into my fukkin beer !!
it was history after that , fukkin ruined and wud not work after that !
i was so pissed off ..and spoilt the first two days of my hols ( cause i was in a big sulk )
My wife thought it was hilarious ... i was steamin !!

Edit..i still remember her fat fukkin face !! bitch lol

oh yes that bought back memories...lol

last time we went to New York somehow dont ask we got bumped to BA world wide traveller status, in all honesty the only difference was a bit more leg room everything else was the same but it was nice to have the extra leg room.

when we came back we were in the middle of the middle seats and it was a bit of a jam and when the bloke in front of me put his seat back and it nearly took my patella off because i shouted so loud he and everybody else in the row in front put their seats up, everybody in our row once they saw i was ok gave me the thumbs up.

last year , on way to florida , i hooked up my mp3 player temporarily to the little clip ( that opens the tray that u put yer dinner on ) just while i got my headphones out my pocket !
this is my fault but still pissed me off.....
any way this fat cow in front SLAMS down on the recliner and my mp3 player popped off the clip and dropped into my fukkin beer !!
it was history after that , fukkin ruined and wud not work after that !
i was so pissed off ..and spoilt the first two days of my hols ( cause i was in a big sulk )
My wife thought it was hilarious ... i was steamin !!

Edit..i still remember her fat fukkin face !! bitch lol

But would it have been so annoying if she wasn't fat? :banana:

But would it have been so annoying if she wasn't fat? :banana:

lol..it was my fault really , i was really annoyed with myself for putting it there !
i just blamed her for blames sake , fat or thin wud be same result lol

edit .. on the other hand ..if she wasnt so fat , maybe the seat wud not have slammed down so quick , then just maybe my mp3 player will be alive today ! or is that just a ridiculous statement lol

Last edited:
Really at the end of the day its the airlines fault. They sould have more space between the seats in the first place.

lol..it was my fault really , i was really annoyed with myself for putting it there !
i just blamed her for blames sake , fat or thin wud be same result lol

edit .. on the other hand ..if she wasnt so fat , maybe the seat wud not have slammed down so quick , then just maybe my mp3 player will be alive today ! or is that just a ridiculous statement lol

Not really and it may still be alive. I just like the fact that people assume things only happen because people are fat and then focus on that fact.

He's always ill......it's because he's fat
He broke his leg.......well, if he wasn't so fat
She sat on the seat and my mp3 broke because she was so fat.

I know you said it was your fault but I got the impression that you think it only happened because she was fat.

Whenever something bad happens and people involved are fat the emphasis is always on the fact that they are fat whether it's relevant or not.

That probably wasn't appropriate. Sorry, but I'm in crap mood. Probably because I'm fat :)

Last edited:
I said to the wife when we where getting on the plane, I bet the brats in front of us, get the seats behind us, a breathe of releif came whe they sat at the front of us about 5 rows down. Later when the seat belt sign went off, they came and sat behind me on there grand parents knees, and kicked all the way to greece !!!!!!!!!

Really at the end of the day its the airlines fault. They sould have more space between the seats in the first place.

Exactly. They bleat on about health and safety, for example no electrical equipment at take off/landing cos it might interfere with the cockpit blah blah blah, seat belts on for take off/landing blah blah blah, read the safety instructions blah blah blah, Then they proceed to mumble through the safety proceedure on sound equipment from the 60s that crackles and hums (they could be announcing an orgy at the front of the plane for all i know) and then pack you into a bloody tin can like sardines, squashed into a wee space hardly big enough to allow you to fart giving many folk DVT and circulation problems, do they care? Do they ****!! They treat their passengers worse than cattle!!............I detest flying and all the pomp and crap that goes with it, unfortunately i have to travel to London with my job which is a real pain in the arse. Its the most unglorified undignified means of transport available unless you are a 4ft10, 7 1/2 stone masochist.

And breathe..............

Not really and it may still be alive. I just like the fact that people assume things only happen because people are fat and then focus on that fact.

He's always ill......it's because he's fat
He broke his leg.......well, if he wasn't so fat
She sat on the seat and my mp3 broke because she was so fat.

I know you said it was your fault but I got the impression that you think it only happened because she was fat.

Whenever something bad happens and people involved are fat the emphasis is always on the fact that they are fat whether it's relevant or not.

That probably wasn't appropriate. Sorry, but I'm in crap mood. Probably because I'm fat :)

no offence intended .....i aint that slim myself lol !
i like to call it middle age spread...
but i do see your point......

what ****s me off is when your sat infront of a bunch of oap's who drink throughout the flight and have to constantly get up to go for a slash cos their bladder's are ****ed - they then use the top of your seat as support to get up

try having to deal with that 2x an hour

you feel like getting hold of their neck and ramming their head's through the window

the other hate is kids shitting their pants and screaming then jumping up and down like their pants are on fire

flying is very stressful and it takes me a day of my holiday just to chill out from it

Back