Recieved my tm-5402hd today, LNBF on led display, please help

All LNB's are ok for DVBS-2 ? Well that is what I thought. it is just a comm. thing stating DVB-S2 compliant.

And Quote :
"I receive 45E, 42E (West & Europe Beam), 39E, 36E, 33E, 28.2E, 26E (Badr4), 23.5E, 21.6E (Europe Beam Only), 19.2E, 16E, 13E, 10E/9E, 7E, 4.8E, 3E, 1W, 5W, 8W, 11W, 12.5W, 15W, 18W, 22W, 24.5W, 27.5W, 30W etc with the Motorised dish on my Topfield TF4000PVR and my Manhattan but you think the dish is misaligned?"

Very strange what you are telling. What is the distance of the cable ? You are correct that differents brands use different software, have other values.
Do you know someone who has an Satfinder so you can actually measue strength (db), ber should be near zero, Quality signal and tranponder Quality ? Also look at V and H transponder freq of that satellite you are having a problem. A satfinder would give you the information you really need here as of course everyone's setup is pers.

I know it is possible that the signal is too strong (yup it is possible) I experienced this myself when you have a very good fine allignment with a short distance cable (or amped)
in fact the Sat tuner could not lock on the signal as it was too strong.

But again, for that a satfinder would come in handy as it will give this info.

Last edited:
Do you know someone who has an Satfinder so you can actually measue strength (db), ber should be near zero, Quality signal and tranponder Quality ? Also look at V and H transponder freq of that satellite you are having a problem. A satfinder would give you the information you really need here as of course everyone's setup is pers.

I know it is possible that the signal is too strong (yup it is possible) I experienced this myself when you have a very good fine allignment with a short distance cable (or amped)
in fact the Sat tuner could not lock on the signal as it was too strong.

But again, for that a satfinder would come in handy as it will give this info.

Yes Colin is bringing satfinder meter etc etc :)

And we spent days aligning it.....and yep is a short cable run (two up two down, cable literally from the back yard kitchen wall thru kitchen into the lounge and sat kit!)

Last edited:
Thanks mate already looked them up on Satbuyer @ £23.91 (inc vat) quite a bit cheaper from your ebay link & of cource if needed will ask Colin what Trade Price he can get them at the moment :)

Hi again EMPB,

It appears that you have managed to pique the interest of quite a lot of members & non-members alike who are now all anxiously waiting to hear the outcome of this one mate... myself included... has Colin (the Techno guy) arrived yet...? :excited:

Best Wishes,
Zorch

He'll be here Sunday... I will let you know what happens

Just thought of something (The GOTO 0 and first sat selected) but raining here now. And the other problems could be fault in the second feed from the LNB/Dish and using the Topfield loopthrough to test with at one point.

Well no help there. Colin thinks the LNB input "might" be faulty and I should return the box to the supplier but the supplier is insisting I fill out a "Ticket" to report the fault first. Colin confirms nothing wrong with my main feed coming from my dish....

Hi again EMPB,

This may be nothing to do with your problem... but I was just wondering which version of 'Original Software' is currently installed on the receiver...?

Menu > System Information >

S/W Version
H/W Version
Boot Version

NB
The latest/last version 'Original Software' is... Version 111 dated 12th July 2011

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited:
Version 111 dated 12th July 2011.

Its being returned.... watch this space...

Now have a Spiderbox HD 9000, very pleased with the extra Ethernet channels, tunes into more than the Technomate did. but both these excellent newer receivers (Technomate & Spiderbox), have highlighted for me that my old cable run and LNB are maybe due a replacement, they've been serving the Topfield & Manhattan for about 12 years....so will replace the cable run and LNB with a new Inverto Twin Universal in the next few weeks.

Now have a Spiderbox HD 9000, very pleased with the extra Ethernet channels, tunes into more than the Technomate did. but both these excellent newer receivers (Technomate & Spiderbox), have highlighted for me that my old cable run and LNB are maybe due a replacement, they've been serving the Topfield & Manhattan for about 12 years....so will replace the cable run and LNB with a new Inverto Twin Universal in the next few weeks.

Hi my old friend - well YOUNG actually! - do they still give the infamous 'gift' with the Spider for a year, or has that now gone by the board following last years probs?:Smileysex

No just a basic Service+ comes with it now (how long for is a big ?).

But does a quite good selection of channels from Digital+, TNT Sat, Orange (France/Poland), JSC Sport, Canal Digital Nordic, RCS DigiTV & Meo. As well as the usual Biss and general EMU channels with softcam (Bulsat, Canal Digitaal NL etc). And with CI slot can still use my trusty CAMs and add Viasat's softNDS channels using Fausto and UPC Direct with Blue Dragon Card......I feel like the old days.....spoilt for choice what to watch!!!

So those that complain that not much open on it now the 'gift' has ended are clearly not using it properly (ie fixed dish or a multifeed but not true Motorized).

Last edited:
Hi guys
i need help.
The lnb is broken how can i remove the lnb part and where can i get the part??? What is the name of the part is it lnb only

The Inverto Black Ultra is a good lnb and can be found on the net.Depending on how many channels you need ie how many cables come from it will depend on which type you get.(single,twin or quad)It's held in place by a clamp on the top.Make a note of the angle of the old one before you replace and then fine tune for best signal with the new one.Make sure you switch the receiver off before you disconnect any cables.How do you know it's the lnb?Cheers

The Inverto Black Ultra is a good lnb and can be found on the net.Depending on how many channels you need ie how many cables come from it will depend on which type you get.(single,twin or quad)It's held in place by a clamp on the top.Make a note of the angle of the old one before you replace and then fine tune for best signal with the new one.Make sure you switch the receiver off before you disconnect any cables.How do you know it's the lnb?Cheers

when i try to turn on the box there is a msg sayng LNBF.
b4 the box was broken i received all channels... sky movies, Asian channels, kid channels

i have mention that LNB input back of the box is broken.

i have mention that LNB input back of the box is broken.
Is this "box" on the lnb on the dish?Is the cable ok.This could cause a problem but as you say the lnb sounds like the problem.Try amazon they are quite cheap,£8.50 for a single £18 for a quad

Back