Reassigning the channel number

micromouse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi m8,

Is it possible to reassign the channel number, like espn to be channel 1 n etc?

Cheers

Hi m8,

Is it possible to reassign the channel number, like espn to be channel 1 n etc?

Cheers

Yes m8 you can do this with your remote you need to be in your bouquets then press menu then enable move highlight the channel then move with your up/down arrow,then press ok .

m8,

is it possible to add a empty channel number, like from ch2, skip ch3 to ch4?

Cheers

Best idea is to use dreambox edit, with that you can give channels what ever number you what, e.g. I mapped them all to VM numbers so I can use MCE or Tivo

i tried... but every time i change the ch number in the service section but after i ftp it to dm... it do not work, i read the box again n the ch number are nt changed?

i tried... but every time i change the ch number in the service section but after i ftp it to dm... it do not work, i read the box again n the ch number are nt changed?

Thats strange worked fine for me, what image are you using?

When using Dreamboxedit, remember to hit the "Reload to Dreambox" button after you send the files back to the dreambox.
I had a lot of trouble with that once upon a while ago.
It should save everything perfectly then.
Dreamboxedit is the best

dw 2.0, strange thing is the dm do not seem to accept what i ftp over. will redo the whole thing tmr.

When using Dreamboxedit, remember to hit the "Reload to Dreambox" button after you send the files back to the dreambox.
I had a lot of trouble with that once upon a while ago.
It should save everything perfectly then.
Dreamboxedit is the best

m8,

thx alot, i didnt know i need to click on that.

Cheers

1 more question. i have now arrange them in number i wanted but enter i press "enter", the channels in all services are arranged in alphabetically, can i arrange them in numerically order so that when i press up n dwn, the channel will change by numbe, like 23 to 24 to 25...

Cheers

Changing/Editing Channel numbers

I faced a similar problem when I wanted to renumber channels to match Tivo (ie VM) numbering system.

Everyone is right in suggesting DreamBoxEdit. I also found the changes were not accepted sometimes so I made a file (called Blank...in download area) that allowed me to overwrite any original channel numbering.

The sequence I used was broadly:
1. Save existing services & bouquets from Dreambox (DB) to PC using DreamBoxEdit (DBE)
2. Write BLANK set to DB; Relaod
3. Edit original services/bouquest to required numbering (original TIVO/VM file alos indownloads...but now a little out of date)
4. Save moidfied services/bouquets (from DBE) to PC
5. Upload DBE modified Services/bouquets to DB; Reload
6. Reboot DB

Also its worth noting that Tivo/VM channels start at 101 (in my pure area), so bouquets that are nuymbered 1-100 can be used without interfering with Tivo/VM numbering.

Finally, remember to turn off auto channel update (under DW Menu/Setup/Expert setup/Disable services Update).

Hope that helps

Sounds like your in the "All Services" Menu!
When you bring up the list of channels by pressing the OK button, what you might be seeing is the "All services" list.
With the list of channels showing, press the blue button on your remote to go into your bouquets. You should find the channels in there that you saved via dreambox edit

You probably know that already but no harm in checking.......

Sounds like your in the "All Services" Menu!
When you bring up the list of channels by pressing the OK button, what you might be seeing is the "All services" list.
With the list of channels showing, press the blue button on your remote to go into your bouquets. You should find the channels in there that you saved via dreambox edit

You probably know that already but no harm in checking.......

Depends on what you are trying to do, I have no channels in the bouquets wut have just mapped channels to VM numbers, not really what the ap was designed to do but if you are using a PVR then its essential

i have no channels in bouquet, i just assign the number to the channels but when i press next channel using up n dwn, the channels are sorted alphabetically. i wish to arrange in it numerically. will see if other image can do this.

i tried to create bouquet with dreamedit but failed. after i ftp over. there nothing in bouquet hence i give up on that.

Cheers

Back