re doing talk back

corey

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys changed my avatar.still stuck on net id but have a new topic as before my net id is ****when i reboot net id wont change/seek,is this because ive cut talkback what if i redo the talkback just to get net id without a card in will it help your views as always appreciated

talk back

hi mate im in ntl cant get net id to change just thought it might need the upstream ive read in engineers manual about activation whatya think

what model box and what area are you in? I guess a 4001

no its a 4010 and i know it should update but it doesnt is this down to talk back cut its stuck on 4 stars ****also have poor signal no tstream unlocked etc box shows error 11+12 so its searching nit

replay to benny boy got box from different area didnt test cut talkback modded card fired up no net id

i have seen a number of these boxes with the wrong track cut to disable TB - repair the cut you made then reboot the box just to make sure ! boot directly to the eng menu when you try it. if the box acquires a netid you have your answer.

thanks again tbc but i followed the cable guide at the top of the forum and definately cut the right track if i connect it back up get net id set it in engineers menu then cut again whatya think

i think that if you definately cut the correct track then the box will not get the netid.

This is a quick fix for the 4010 as you said your downstream tuner has 34+db so you know your downstream tuner is A1. once the 4010 gets a netid it stores it and only looses it when you pull the red jumper. this means you should be able to swop the 2 tuners over and boot the box - it should get a netid then.
now you will have to swop them back again for the box to tune to the home frequency. make sure one last time that you have entered the correct symbol rate and frequency for your area.
I've never actually tried this but i have looked at the schematics and the operation of the box and it is a derision of the 4000 for excw and it seems the netid is written into the ram but in the langley box it is decoded from the stream and stored as apposed to manually entered.

tbc im in swansea 755000 is the frequency 00007 should be the net id but im using 6.952 as my symbol rate how do i check the correct symbol rate

4010 box in ntl area should automatically set net id and freq, conecting tb again wont make a difference,

i say pull the jumper out, put it back in after 20 secs, conect box, cable feed etc, without card, let it boot, your should see err11 and 12, let it do wat it has to until you see the free channels,

if not then i think the box is messed up

cheers ricksta for the reply read my earlier post from this morning tried most things and red jumper has anyone ever used libby and willit work on 4010

corey said:
tbc im in swansea 755000 is the frequency 00007 should be the net id but im using 6.952 as my symbol rate how do i check the correct symbol rate
Try 6.887

tried it fb its getting to desperate measures time and swapping the tuners

cant enter any channeld ricksta its on 0 m8

mate i think ur box is gone mate, my 4010 was messed so i just put another dump on the ST

works fine now

Back