Rbm

I've found a slight issue with ABM and how it swaps SD with HD. I have found a way around it but awaiting on confirmation on whether its a bug or a design feature. If it's a bug, i may wait until solved but if its design feature I can work around it.

@Rat, I'm unable to find BBC RB HD channel or any obvious variation of it when using ABM.

Does this channel still operate do you know?
Also, i'm guessing the olympic interactive have finished now as well?

If so, that leaves me with, at this moment, just BBC RB1 channel. Would you be okay if I merged this with the Sky/BT interactive bouquet section and rename that section accordingly?

Last edited by a moderator:
they come and go with special events
yeah you can do... so are regional bouquets going now ?

UK regional variations should be handled by ABM which follows official sky regional variations (ie some regions may not have a HD version).

If it works, the user from the menu can choose SD regional channels or HD.

SD channels will be local for that area as all channels operate SD in each area but HD channels may not exist for their chosen region.

To get around this, they can:-

1. Just choose to use SD for all regional channels.
  2. Choose HD but a region close to them.
  3. Manually edit the xml file to tell it not to use HD version of a specific channel. (i do this now with ABM and BBC One because HD version doesn't yet do local news so just tell ABM to always use SD version of BBC one but HD versions of other regional channels).

Having your regional bouquets wouldn't make a difference that I can see as option 3 would allow a mix/match approach but with added benefit that there is no need to scan for transponder changes as this would be done automatically and can be scheduled to do this.

Occasionally, some files may need updating (ie when a new channel starts broadcasting) but I plan on handling this via your plugin and allow user to download any main update changes from DW server rather than release a whole new version of the plugin.

Obviously, there may be really odd time where a new version of the plugin may be necessary but I expect this to be rare.

If you wish, I can still add regional channels but the idea behind this plugin is that most things would be automated to save users having to manually swap channels around using a bouquet editor.

Thats fine Kev :)

@Rat, i'm thinking of leaving a gap for about approx 10 channels before I start a new bouquet section. This is to allow for future channels to easily be added to that bouquet before having to move each channel up after that which could potentially be hundreds.

I'm allowing space for around 10 extra channels in each bouquet section (eg allow for possible extra 10 channels added to Entertainment bouquet and movies, etc) but is there any bouquet section you think I should allow more than extra 10 possible channels or even any bouquet section that you rarely add to so 10 extra channels would be a waste?

Np kev :) I might be slow with replies.. out in London today

Posted using Tapatalk

@Mick, when you get a chance could you please create a folder for @Rat's all-new bouquet plugin on satelliteworld domain?

Could the folder be called
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Thanks

Kev

I will get it sorted tomorrow mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev probably a silly question but this will auto scan nightly I take it ?

Also ALL users of the plugin will need to install the new plugin I take it
@ketmp

Thanks mate

There is an option to schedule scan whenever/how often a person wants (within limitations).

Yes, it's a completely new plugin which is basically just ABM but coded so it says Rats Bouquets Maker (RBM) and re-orders official sky lists to same order as you have it.

I've made reference to fact it's based on ABM in the about screen.

@Rat,

Here is very first alpha release, v0.1.

It is likely to have bugs so please ensure you make a full image backup first.

If you don't have initial issues with it, i'll post in mod section for others to try.

I'm going away this friday for a week so i'm not likely to be working on it until I come back (except for urgent stuff before I go)

I would, however, appreciate if you could at least give it quick check this week if you have the time :)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/web...ucy1yYXRzYm91cXVldHNtYWtlcl8wLjFfYWxsLmlwaw==

I will Kev for sure :)
I have never used or even installed any of the AB so is there anything I should know mate ?
@ketmp

RBM (or ABM lol) is within Service Settings Menu rather than plugin menu.

• Click on RatsBouquetsMaker (from within Service Settings menu)
  • go into Providers
  • Select most appropriate area
  • press [green] button when done to save choices
  • Click on Start Scan

That's it, at least for manual scanning. There are more options within Providers file that allows automatic creation of HD bouquet section or even FTA HD bouquet section and scheduling a daily time to update.

PS: I've noticed that "Sports" bouquet section is listed twice and i'm looking into this as I don't remember that being listed twice last week.

LOL here we go
nothing in Service Settings menu

where is it installed and Ill remove it via ftp and re install it @ktemp

EDIT Got it

It's in Service Searching menu on Vix. The same menu system where you configure the tuner settings.

The actual folder location is:-

Code:

Did you install via telnet so any errors are displayed for you to easily see. May need to do "opkg update" first on Pli @Rat.

Code:

removed the folder and it wont reinstall as it matches it already

I think Im going to have to reflash lol

Ok, maybe try uninstalling possible plugin conflicts first. Try:

Code:

and reboot your box if no errors (except for not able to find the plugins).

Back