Rangers in a spot of bother

sullly

Inactive User
Reaction score
looks like rangers are in a bit of bother ,

2ajot4m.jpg

Video footage appearing to show Rangers fans singing sectarian abuse in Spain was condemned tonight.

The three-minute clip is thought to have been shot after the mid-week Uefa Cup defeat at Osasuna and features a tier of fans chanting sectarian slogans.

They are being sung to the Tina Turner hit 'Simply The Best", a former Ibrox crowd favourite during the 1990s, in an otherwise deserted stadium.

Dozens of fans clad in Rangers shirts are shown punching the air and shouting the abuse.

The clip has been posted on film website YouTube under the title "Rangers Simply The Best".

There were reports tonight that the footage will be studied by European football chiefs at Uefa, resulting in possible disciplinary action against the Glasgow club.

Last season Rangers was fined £13,000 by Uefa for similar sectarian singing during a Champions League match in Spain, and warned about its future conduct.

Fan representatives have expressed dismay at the latest footage to emerge.

John Macmillan, secretary of the Rangers Supporters Association, said: "All decent Rangers supporters and decent Rangers fans will condemn this behaviour.

"Things have improved considerably during the past few years in terms of stamping out sectarianism behaviour, but the message doesn't seem to be getting across to some fans."

Jim Templeton, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, also spoke of the "massive own goal" scored by the fan who posted the footage two days ago.

Rangers FC has already called on Uefa to investigate policing and security at Wednesday's match in Pamplona, northern Spain.

The club issued a formal complaint over lack of segregation for its fans and heavy-handed policing during the match.

It came after baton-wielding police were accused of lashing out randomly at Scottish supporters before, during and after the game.

Scottish Football Association boss David Taylor, who becomes Uefa general secretary in a fortnight, said the European governing body would investigate any source of sectarianism and racism.

He told the Sunday Mail: "That sort of thing isn't welcome in Scottish football or European football and that message has to get through loud and clear."

Rangers FC has said it is to meet supporters' representatives to discuss matters arising from the Osasuna game.

Last edited:
Could be in it deep. I think they have been reported 3 times recently for there behaviour away in Europe, attacking the Villareal bus, Nazi salutes in Isreal and the carry on with police in Spain. Singing songs against the pope in a Catholic Country is crazy. The decent Rangers fans will need to weed the scumbags out as they could really harm the club.

im am totally ashamed about this. i am a rangers fan through and through and was born and brought up in the ibrox area. these minority of fans are just holding rangers back and dragging them through the dirt. it is really sickening to see this and i wish rangers would get banned from europe. i know this would hurt us but maybe just maybe this would weed out these brainless idiots their is no place for this in football. to all football fans i apologise for this!!!

Simple action Rangers need to take

BAN fans from all away matches. Its the only way they will be sure of no trouble.

There is very little trouble now at Ibrox apart from what visiting fans sing these days. A ban wont happen as UEFA have been praising Rangers for all their actions at eradicating it from games at Ibrox it is the travelling support many of who never goto Ibrox that are pulling the club down (Many who are seen in the video are already banned for life from Ibrox).

Time will tell will be a heavier fine and maybe first game of next seasons Euro games behind closed door /reduced capacity.

im sick in tired of uefa singling rangers out

celtic sign secterian songs at ever away game and they did away in the champions league FCUK ALL HAPPENS TO THEM ,,,lennon throws bottle at gers dugout , argues with his own fans, gives falkirks fans the finger and i bet still nothing happens , double standers by uefa and the spl

if rangers fans did so much wrong in spain why wasnt there 1 single arrest inside the ground?

any rangers fans out there doing that shit get a fcuking grip

2vii1yq.jpg

yea thats right lennon giving the fans the finger .is the same as glorifying the uvf lvf uda . with the chants against the church and the pope . whats the line up to our knees in fenian blodd ... your right lennon should be banned for life .. and these morons allowed to disgrace scottish football with their vile disgusting chants ... most rangers supporters i know want to rid their club of these idots so why are you defending them : shocked2

yea thats right lennon giving the fans the finger .is the same as glorifying the uvf lvf uda . with the chants against the church and the pope . whats the line up to our knees in fenian blodd ... your right lennon should be banned for life .. and these morons allowed to disgrace scottish football with their vile disgusting chants ... most rangers supporters i know want to rid their club of these idots so why are you defending them : shocked2

who said it was the same?
show me were it says its the same

and whats happening to celtic from uefa for singing secterian songs in the champions lg?

who use sha**ing to get get away with it?

who said it was the same?
show me were it says its the same

and whats happening to celtic from uefa for singing secterian songs in the champions lg?

who use sha**ing to get get away with it?

Some Celtic fans sing political songs, they do not sing songs against peoples faiths. Before you fly off the handle I am not saying this is ok, as a football game is not the place for this either, I am just stating a fact. Rangers fans anti catholic songs coupled with the fans continual bad behaviour leaves UEFA little option but to act, so don't blame Celtic, the SPL Uefa, Neil Lennon or anyone else.

what secterian songs do we sing m8 ....

are u a celtic fan? dont u even know what secterian songs u sign

every away game in champions lg and spl all you here is orange bastards in several songs if thats not secterian what is

use sign about the ira who killed thousands of people aswell as inocent children is that not secterian?

uefa seem to have 1 rule for rangers and 1 rule for celtic

its about time the spl and uefa got together banned certain songs and stamped down on it , fines are no use, point decuctions should be a first who cares about a 15,000 fines thats pocket money to big clubs, then ground closure then expspelled from competition

they may be a big change next year as the spl are going to give out fines/point deduction etc

I heard many shouts of FTQ from the Milan game and from the Old Frim game.
Now as the Queen is the head of the Church of England it is exactly the same as FTP and therefore sectarian.

And it idt take long for the "They are political songs" to raise its head

Pro chanting of the IRA a terrorist organisation just like the UDA and so on has no place in football however the SFA UEFA and SPL all have their green tinted glasses on.

There is a sectarian problem. Its not just Rangers problem its not just Celtics probelm its a problem that goes throughout scottish football just a pity no-one seems bothered about it unless its Rangers support thats doing it.

Bottling bus in Spain last year. Rangers get a fine.

Tic fans bottle press bus in Milan and its hush hush.

what u got to say now

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTcQm3AeJ4[/ame]

old birgade song
fuk the queen
fuk the uvf

only rangers fans is it
thats at the milan game

good enough to rip into rangers fans when it suites you

but when its your own team hush hush

i have 14 videos of secterian singing at the milan v celtic game

in summary

Its clearly a minority of both supporters who need to be singled out and banned- if they claim to love their team so much see if they like watching all games in the pub or sitting at home glued to the tranny.

They'll soon realise ( or maybe they wont cos theyre thick ) that the best way to watch is in the stand at the ground...
Until the clubs take a more active approach in removing/identifying these people then the issue will continue to pi$$ everyone off.

I am a Tim- and feel N. Lennon is no longer fit to continue as captain- phsically and as an example to everyone...but he'll dig his own grave with conduct that he showed recently- and has done over the past few years.. so lets just leave him out of the whole issue...

good enough to rip into rangers fans when it suites you

but when its your own team hush hush

i have 14 videos of secterian singing at the milan v celtic game

What do you want a medal, why dont you email them to sky news or anyone else who will listen to you, no all you want is an argument and an excuse to stir some shit face it you have a real problem if your Searching for videos of secterian singing at any game, and who is hushing up what is it me my m8 the guy next door to me my dog tony blair Who.........

Don't u just love the catholic vs protestant (oops, sorry i mean Celtic vs Rangers) rants that pop up every so often?

FFS, grow up people, I'm sick of this shit.

Don't u just love the catholic vs protestant (oops, sorry i mean Celtic vs Rangers) rants that pop up every so often?

FFS, grow up people, I'm sick of this shit.

Dont you just love the attempt at Sarcasm........

Back