Random Friday Question

JonMMM

Elite Member
Reaction score
OK you can not put metal in a microwave, so how come some of them have their interiors made of stainless steel?

the walls focus the radiation properly, the inside of the oven is 'tuned' if you like. putting other metal objects in reflects the waves randomly, instead of absorbing them like foods/liquids do, and thats when the trouble starts

I watched one of the mates warm up a meal in the micro for about 5 mins with a metal fork in the container. I was convinced that it would explode and kill everyone near it but luckily for me it did naff all.... a bit of a let down really lol.

However. I stil wont risk it.l

I watched one of the mates warm up a meal in the micro for about 5 mins with a metal fork in the container. I was convinced that it would explode and kill everyone near it but luckily for me it did naff all.... a bit of a let down really lol.

However. I stil wont risk it.l

I've seen people heat pies with the tin foil bottom still on with no problems at all.

ok so waterin a cup and then the egg in the water in the cup.

it has a bit of trouble stayig down tho keeps floating up!

put the egg in the cup first, put some water in the cup, not too much or the egg will float and that should be it, why dont you just use the pan?

put the egg in the cup first, put some water in the cup, not too much or the egg will float and that should be it, why dont you just use the pan?

just wanted to experiment lol

it didnt work. it just heated up and cracked a bit thats all. still gooey inside

I've had an egg eggsplode in a microwave, nice mess that made. :)

I've done the 'metal in a microwave' eggperiment and all it did was make some nice artificial lightening :)

I'd love to put a can of gas in there ;)

Yeah, put a tin of carrots in the micro when younger. Nice few sparks and stuff. lol Another good one, is a can of deodorant or the like. Nice boom.

useless fact :::: if you put a light bulb in some water and microwave it, the light bulb lights up

it dont need to be wet, the microwaves excite the argon gas inside the buld, which causes it to light, flourescent tubes do it as well

kids toys are good as well, can you remember when furbies were all the rage, if you shoved one of them in the mirco (minus the batteries) its eyes used to flash :roflmao: jeeez im must be bored lol

A grape can be fun too [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCNNqgKqnaQ"]Plasma[/ame]

Back