Radio & remote problems Volvo

badday

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I bought a new car recently and ran into these problems. The first one, is that I have two keys for it and they both have a key fob (I'm not entirely sure it's called that way, I'm talking about the "remote control" of the car), but one of them didn't work properly, the seller said that I need to change the battery, so that's what I did, but I still can't get it to work. I've heard that you might need to go to the dealer to reprogram it, which isn't really worth it, considering the car is really cheap, so I'm wondering, can you fix it without having to go to a local dealer?
Second thing is, we had to change the starter, thus we had to disconnect the battery, which resulted in the radios anti theft system going on and asking for a code (which I obviously don't have), sadly, the last owner also doesn't have it, so I'm stuck without a radio now. I'm hoping that you could help me retrieve the code. The serial of the radio is V01720 W8251314F if that helps. Hoping you have any tips & advice that could help me solve these problems! :)

radio code from serial would only be available from dealership or maybe paid service website

car key fob I have no idea apart from trying a car locksmith who do programming etc.

Ugh, and I'm guessing there's no other way to find the radio code? There's a sticker on top of the radio with other info other than the serial code if that could help. Otherwise I'll just have to contact and pay up to the local dealers. :(
And about the key, I just read that it might be possible to program it on my own, so I guess I'll try that.
Anyway, thanks for the info! :)

Back