R.i.p U50 Chip

Gun_Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was trying to give it the big I am, to my mate that I can do his box for him. Then I found out it was a SA4000 I set about getting the BK/IRD from the U50 chip. But just when I thought that everything was going ok THREE LEGS FELL OFF THE CHIP. Now I have not read the chip yet ether so what the hell am I going to do ????

Very tricky but can you solder a small bit of wire to the stump of the leg that's left on the chip?

I was trying to give it the big I am, to my mate that I can do his box for him. Then I found out it was a SA4000 I set about getting the BK/IRD from the U50 chip. But just when I thought that everything was going ok THREE LEGS FELL OFF THE CHIP. Now I have not read the chip yet ether so what the hell am I going to do ????

ive got a spare chip here m8,if ya want it..i dont need it..also have the bk and ird...let us no.

TBH i have made a total pigs ear of this whole thing :D i mean the bord now looks like it just came bac from NAM and the chip only has three legs lole what a mess but i will try and solider a bit of wire on the chip as best i can i mean its worth a shot.

just put a blank 24lc256 back on , the ird and bk are in the chip but the originals in a much bigger eeprom , put a blank chip on and the box will flash it itself

PIJ

Thb I have totally messed up the board that it came off of its all scratched and so on. I am going to get another chip. What if I just solider some wires to the chip and then to the board will that be ok?

Dose any one know the Maplins code for the chips? I used the one in the tut and nothing is coming up.

The chips are called “Serial EEprom 24LC256” and the product code is “RF30H”

That is what the tut says but looks like the codes have changed.

Dont think Maplin sell them anymore !

They seem to be slowly winding down on selling actual components in favour of selling modules and PC kit.

I'd guess you are going to have to try Farnell or RS or maybe you could get one from TMC/Jabs etc as some fun wafer type cards use these chips

Dose any one know the Maplins code for the chips? I used the one in the tut and nothing is coming up.

The chips are called “Serial EEprom 24LC256” and the product code is “RF30H”

That is what the tut says but looks like the codes have changed.
pm me ur address i will send u a couple

TBH i have made a total pigs ear of this whole thing :D i mean the bord now looks like it just came bac from NAM and the chip only has three legs lole what a mess but i will try and solider a bit of wire on the chip as best i can i mean its worth a shot.
Hello Gun_Man, what tool are you using to desolder, an acetylene torch by any chance?Lol
You need to be using a low wattage iron and keeping contact to a minimum or the next things to start disappearing will be the tracks on the board and then you will be really fooked.

Chookey

Back