Quick question on searching

apintofmilk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been looking at Satchmo's guide. The part where he's talking about searching states:

"Press dreambox on the remote.
Goto Service then Service scan.
Change cable provider to CableUK Sym6952 or CableUK Sym6887 depending on the symbol rate used in your area.

Change scan mode to Full
Turn manual scan off and start scan."

I know this guide is for the Neutrino image but I plan on using Cyber2k1's "Gemini250 + Evo 1.05 + bruteforce" image. I live in the scotland TW area so I think my provider would be Sym6952.

My question is this - Is the search procedure for the Gemini image the same as the neutrino mentioned in Satchmo's guide? The think that has me curious is that I see people on the forum asking for frequencies along with the symbol rate. I've saw the guide but it only has Glasgow NT*L, so all i really know about TW glasgow is the symbol rate.

I realise there exist boquet & service files in the downloads section for my area. If I were to use them, do they have to be converted? (look like dbox files and I've read that people are having to convert them), or would they be alright using something like boquetter?

I know that's a few questions there, and I have read through the forums on this info. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Cheers

no search procedure is different on gemini and neutrino. just scan using bruteforce m8 and it'll find all available channels

Cheers for the reply leefield. Assuming I get the Gemini image onto the dreambox correctly (i think i have enough info to manage that part), how do i perform the bruteforce scan?

press the menu button,move along to settings press ok, move down to service searching,then select automatic transponder scan,then highlight the option either 6952,6887, or bruteforce then start scan

Back