quick question on flashing ms28

the_blackadder1980

Inactive User
Reaction score
right guys off to do the dreaded ms28 first time.

first off i have motherboard msi 865PEM2-ILS which has to onboard sata ports.

the chip set i think is intel 865pe

so i have heard you have to do the wiresmod and that you dont any ideas off what i have to do?

im ok with soldering but would prefer not to.

after this pointer i should be able to follow a guide, (believe the process is dont do wiresmod

use extremeflash
make bootable usb pen

then go from there?

best way is to buy a pci sata card and use the floppy method (10 second trick) no soldering required :) thats how i did mine anyways

what happens if you havent got a floppy drive,

Really need to get mine flashed, (sorry member who is going to flash it for me, am taking the piss to send it)

what happens if you havent got a floppy drive,

Really need to get mine flashed, (sorry member who is going to flash it for me, am taking the piss to send it)

i've no idea mate i've only ever used the floppy/pci sata card method up to now

i love doing the sammy's.

i have done umpteen of em.

and only 1, yes ONE, hitachi.

anyone in manchester area wants their sammy doing, give us a shout.

if its got on board sata controler (MINES A VIA) then you should be ok, i did mine and the mtkflash way wouldnt pick my drive up at all, i did it the samhack way, miles easier, use extrme bootmaker, boot floppy or usb or evenm bootable cd, i did floppy, type samread XXXXXXX XXXXX the X;s being your consoles serial number found on the back, it will read and add your key to the firmware on the floppy for you, then type samhack XXXXXXX XXXXX with the x,s being your serial number again and press enter, use the 10 second trick with this, easy peazy and it picked my sata up straight away as it makes a custon mtkflash for you, just make sure you have up to date drivers for your sata card/ controller as that stumped me for a bit.

samhack is deff the easiest way to do it, mine was m28 sammy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back