quick question about "kein system"

cooltool

Inactive User
Hi there,
i know the kein system error comes up mostly when you flash the box with the wrong img.
But, I send a guy a box and it worked all fine I tested it and so on, he got it, plugged it in and it worked fine, scanned channels all nice and happy. 2 hours later i get a call that the box shows kein system after he unplugged it to move it around the house (he says).
Now why would this happen? It is a nokia 2 intel chip box 1.0 version and i never had the problem before with any of my boxes.
We got it back to work after he put a new image on to the box, luckily he new abit about it so i didn't have to send a new box out.
Does the no system error come up do to some "hardware fault" in this box? I did think if you would flash the box with the wrong system it would just not work from the start.. and not randomly later on.

S

Speedy2206

Sometimes the file system can get corrupted for an unknown reason... it just happens some times. The box must have been for it to display 'kein system'.

Heres an example: I flashed a brand new sparkling image the other day, uploaded my services.xml/bouquets.xml and it all worked fine but when rebooted the box displayed 'kein system'. It hasnt done this since but it's known to happen.

Liam.

cryptyk

Member ++
the kien system can happen if its in standbye and its unpluged.
i disable standbye in the menu ..others dont care what plug they take out if they want to use a socket ..lol

cooltool

Inactive User
ah ok thats interesting to know. ..
is there actuly any info if ntl.tw will start sending out more than just stereo sound on their channels?

TEST