Question on splitting broadband signal

apintofmilk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've read on here that it's possible to run a dbox from the broadband cable from a cable provider. I was planning to split the signal going into the back of the TW modem, run one end from the splitter back into the modem and the other end into the dbox (over a 15m cable). I know there can be problems with having a strong enough signal. If I were to plug in a TW cable box and it works ok (after the signal has been split), would this indicate the signal is strong enough for a dbox?

apintofmilk said:
I've read on here that it's possible to run a dbox from the broadband cable from a cable provider. I was planning to split the signal going into the back of the TW modem, run one end from the splitter back into the modem and the other end into the dbox (over a 15m cable). I know there can be problems with having a strong enough signal. If I were to plug in a TW cable box and it works ok (after the signal has been split), would this indicate the signal is strong enough for a dbox?

hi and welcome to the forums and this community m8

yes by getting a splitter it should be fine no need to worry about the strenght of the signalling until you get the box and have flashed it but there is plenty of tut here to help you out m8

best thing get your box first before it comes just do lots of reading to get the correct wires and stuff

ideally to be really safe its better to get the min tv pack from the cc which then you have everything done for you m8

cheers

If your splitter is of the inductive coupling type then make sure your modem is connected to the straight through tap or you could have some problems.

Otherwise this should work no problem. I use a similar setup though I will say that Dbox tuners tend not to be as sensitive as Pace tuners.

first do a scan without splitter and then with spliter see if you r picking same amount of channels, cause i have 500c and it makes difference.but for normal cc boxs its fine

Back