Question about Homeplugs.

andyfuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im on the verge of getting my motorised dish set up and taking the plunge with c/s.
Im having a Dreambox 800 hd downstairs and going with a Dreambox 500 upstairs which i think is on a different ring main.

My question is can you use homeplugs on separate ring mains as my router is doiwnstairs and is miles away from my tv.

Another daft question is if the home plugs wont work is it possible to have 2 routers one upstairs and one down as i have cable in most of my rooms.
Any other options out there?

Sorry if im sounding dumb as im new to all this c/s stuff.
Andy.

Something like this would definately work [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CEGUOO/ref=oss_product]Edimax EW-7206APG Wireless LAN Access Point 802.11b: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo[/ame]

As for the homeplugs i've never used them but i believe you can use certain ones on different ring mains but im not certain if they are all capable of that.

Something like this would definately work Edimax EW-7206APG Wireless LAN Access Point 802.11b: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

As for the homeplugs i've never used them but i believe you can use certain ones on different ring mains but im not certain if they are all capable of that.

Ive read conflicting stories about homeplugs on different ring mains,i think the main thing its from the same mains box so they should work ok.
Not set up yet just buying in what i need.
Thanks for advice.
Andy.

Last edited:
they are a great invention

i have them in my house, one downstairs directly into the wall from client to server in bedroom

the homeplug in the bedroom is connected to an extension lead

i am in a council house so there will most likely be about 27 different rings of electrical wireing in here

i could probably put a homeplug in my mates house about 3 streets away and he would most likely be able to connect to me!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back