Question about changing NetID on Di4000n

Mr-Maniac

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello people

I have a Di-4000n, currently running fine in ex-CW area using OPOS.

Now I need to take it with me to the relatives house in Bedfordshire over the Christmas period.

I've found the NetID, and after doing some searching, I have discovered I need to have some sort of interface so I can change the ID.

Question is : which one ? Do I get the Scart to Serial adapter from TailorMadeCircuits ? Or the JTAG interface ? I am really poor at electronics/soldering, so the simplest/easiest option will be preffered.

Also, what software would I use ? Libby ?

Thanks in advance....

If you get stuck on the funcard NetID

PM me your info , ird , bk , your m8's Network ID , Area , and i will make the files up for you.

Cheers Garry

just did my first funcard ID tonight and it worked a treat - very easy to do and saves money

Hey guys

Thanks for the tips.

I've downloaded and tried the Funcard method, but unfortunately, it's messed up things and the box is now stuck with a NetID of 65535 and I can't even use it here at home :FRIGHT:

Followed the instructions properly in the document, and programmed a Fun4 (using Infinity USB) and it all is OK upto the point I insert it into the box.

Then the box reboots, and I see the messages as below :

NIT (about 10 seconds)
Er12 (about 3-4 seconds)
Er11 (about 3-4 seconds)
NIT...

This loop repeats a few times, then finally it shows an Er20 message, and then the box boots up, but obviously it's not getting the NetID properly, so nothing works - inserted the OPOS card, but there are no channels, nothing.

I've tried to re-do the HEX files 3-4 times, but something does not seem to be working somewhere. Is it possible that the box might have a problem updating ?

I'll PM the details to you Garry, so maybe you can make the HEX files for me, in case I'm doing something wrong ?

Just sent you a PM @Mr-Maniac.

Got your files made up for you , just nead your Email addy to send you them.

Cheers Garry

Mr-Maniac said:
Then the box reboots, and I see the messages as below :

NIT (about 10 seconds)
Er12 (about 3-4 seconds)
Er11 (about 3-4 seconds)
NIT...

This loop repeats a few times, then finally it shows an Er20 message, and then the box boots up

Do you remove the red jumper each time? This will do your reset back to 9999 then use the images Mr-Maniac has done for you.

Thanks for your help/suggestions guys, but I think the box is gone mad.

All it now does is loop through various messages and NIT.

I can't even get into the Engineer's menu. Think the firmware might be buggered.

Will have to figure out what happened. May require re-programming of the chips :Chainsaw:

have you pulled the red jumper again?

if you have wrote the hex wrong you could have put the wrong details in but pulling the jumper and inserting the right hex should fix that

i mate have u tried the fun card i believe it sets the id the program is up here

Cric2k : Yes mate, pulled out the red jumper and left out for 1/2 hour. The moment I connect the power cable to the box now, it starts with Er12, then Er11, then NIT, then Err4, and goes into a loop, with nothing visible on the TV.

If I try to go into Engineer's menu, it does all the above, and has a load of gibberish on the TV screen, which starts with something like 'loader invalid' and 'current time is invalid' and 'no channels' and so on.

Looks like something is messed up on the box.

Khan : Yes, this started when I tried to use the Funcard trick. Don't know why it's gone bonkers....

@ mr maniac - turn the box off at main, pull the red jumper for a couple of minutes and replace, then boot the box up into the engineers menu with the cable feed disconnected. Check netid is 09999, then insert the funcard and the box should reboot. Once that's happened, power down again then back into the EM to check netid is correct. Then power down, reconnect cable feed and let box boot normally.

@ pmoore - 4001 should set its own netid

Thanks for the advice Bammy.

But I just cannot get the EM any more. If I hold the 2 buttons, I can see the text on the TV screen, which goes on and on, trying to load the channels, and all that.

Even without the cable feed - it starts with a FAIL message against NIT Tuning, and then says 'trying to load from hard coded channel list' (???) and tries the various frequencies, starting with 666.750 and just goes on with various frequency combinations.

Even removed the battery for 5 mins, but still made no difference.

Wonder if a TMC interface will help, or is it a case of re-programming :Mad2:

Help using NetId Funcard?

Hi All

Im struggling to get my NetId funcard to work, programmed it as the instructions say, and all that happens is it sets it 6535, which is not my NetID (should be 41060 - exc&w in manchester)

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

thanks

Fash

FashionMaster said:
Hi All

Im struggling to get my NetId funcard to work, programmed it as the instructions say, and all that happens is it sets it 6535, which is not my NetID (should be 41060 - exc&w in manchester)

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

thanks

Fash

Me too!!! Normally I use the interface with libby but have given this funcard method a go but also getting net id 65535 (i'm trying for 41060)?! Strange that a couple of us in manc getting the same net id? Could it be that the hex is wrong for 41060??? Any suggestions??

all you can do is keep trying and look at the tutorials carefully. i had a problem at first but after a few trys ad playing about it got sorted.

heres the file i used a few weeks ago.

:)

Back