Question about atmels from NTL1000 to 1000ph1b

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a 1000ph1b which thanks to Digital World I have been able to ressurect after thinking it was dead by undoing the anti update. Got to say theres nothing better than doing it yourself and getting the pleasure from it rather than paying a trader x amount of money and plugging in, so I've decided to do a couple of more boxes for the kids bedrooms so I can watch TV in peaceAnyway my question is that if i got hold of another ph1b(don't want to chance fecking up the one I am watching) could I remove the atmels from the N*L 1000's that I have and put into the ph1b and let it update to TW feed? I can't quite understand why the 1b updates no problem and the straight 1000's don't. Or is the only way to do it by progging them? The straight 1000's have had the 2 chips removed but I know you can get these from Jabs. I know it's easier to just buy a TW box but I fancy the challenge:) Any info much appreciated in advance:Cheers:

Your better off just programming the attys with TW 1000ph1b dumps mate because the ones on the working box are ok and if you take them off one box your still going to have one box down arent you!
Clive.
Oops i meant to say ph1b dumps but didn't

Last edited:
That wouldn't work, the 1000 SW won't run properly in the 1000 P1B and vice-versa.

You would need to reflash the chips using a programmer. I'm not sure if there are any revisions of firmware on the C&W 1000s that will update in TW now.

hi mate
a 1000 1b is different to a 1000 i think its a firmware thing
the 1000 needs to have the atties progged you will need to buy a rework station a chip progger and good flux
gonnacost about 150 quid mate
regards
p.s if you need any help pm me

Thanks for the quick replies lads. So it looks like a bit more investment then. As said I'd love to have a go so I'll make the plunge and start buying the bits. Is it the Willem 4.5 I need or are there any alternatives and is it pretty straighforward using it? I've been looking out on Fleabay for rework stations lately so will keep bashing on with that. I've looked at the video on atty removals-he nakes it look so easy, bet it bleedin isn't when I come to do it! Like I always say lifes a learning curve:)

Back