queen needs private jet

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
the queen is currently looking for a new private jet costing £10 M per year plus staff ie pilots etc

the plane will have a bar ! eating facilities in flight entertainment and will seat up to 12 people

senior members of the royals will have access to the plane

the PM is considering a private plane on the lines of Air Force One which would cost around £100 M per year to run

as the country tightens its belt and we are being squeezed by rising prices the dept of transport has given the palace permission to draw up plans and its own spec for the plane.

She also requested £10 M to refurbish the palace including painting as she says she cant afford it herself !

now the 66p per head is no doubt going to rise to keep these people !

Though modern executive jets are luxurious, the purchase will in one sense mean the Queen is downsizing. Previously she has been able to use larger planes provided by the RAF, but the government recently decided to axe the Royal Flight.
The prime minister rejected plans to provide him and the royals with a large plane, similar to the US president’s Air Force One, when it emerged it would cost about £100m. The decision to purchase a smaller plane was taken as a compromise.

a wee bit selective with that one allroad

hardly selective m8 expressing views in the editors column and at the end of the day another waste of funds

hardly selective m8 expressing views in the editors column and at the end of the day another waste of funds

so the head of state for the United Kingdom should use which form of travel?

so the head of state for the United Kingdom should use which form of travel?

mmm let me think mmm hows about now gosh i cant think dont start a row over this m8 as i wont be drawn into it

im expressing my views end of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmm let me think mmm hows about now gosh i cant think dont start a row over this m8 as i wont be drawn into it

im expressing my views end of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allroad m8 i fookin know well enough not to start an arguement with you lol..
but seriously bearing in mind that this will be the queen and the prime ministers mode of international transport is it that extravagant?

personally i don't think so.

but then i'm a rank royalist.
I suppose if you don't like the monarchy then it's a waste of money.

listen guys my wife needs drugs which the nhs wont provide because of cost and these people just get money from us without question its a fecking discrace

listen guys my wife needs drugs which the nhs wont provide because of cost and these people just get money from us without question its a fecking discrace

Just goes to show how priorities get f*cked up.

sorry to hear that m8 .. and your spot on ...
clapping.GIF

The most expensive trip of the year was the State visit to the United States in May which cost £415,000 including a £23,000 helicopter ride to enable the Queen to watch the Kentucky Derby.
sickening

Last edited:

so not spending money on the state jet solves that?
in case you've not noticed the UK is currently active in not 1 but 2 wars which are probably costing us more every 30 minutes than than the price of a years travel for the entire royal family.

i know what your saying about the NHS but it's not relevant to this.

how is it not relevent ffs the NHS cant afford drugs to to people who need them and certain people have to go to court etc to obtain these drugs last time i looked the right to life was a basic human right !

but no set the wars aside as thats a fecking discrace aswell but if you read the cost of these people and the hangers on and for example £43K to fly her to a horse race !!!

come on !!!!!!!!

how is it not relevent ffs the NHS cant afford drugs to to people who need them and certain people have to go to court etc to obtain these drugs last time i looked the right to life was a basic human right !

but no set the wars aside as thats a fecking discrace aswell but if you read the cost of these people and the hangers on and for example £43K to fly her to a horse race !!!

come on !!!!!!!!

taxpayers paid 43k to fly one of the queens horses to a race?
is that true m8. cos if it is i'd be annoyed as feck.

Back