Quad LNB and Bracket

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just bought myself a DM518, I already have a dish installed but the wire has been cut. Can anyone recommend where I can buy a quad lnb, quad bracket, cable and all connectors that I would need.

Is there some kind of package I can get.

Thanks

Hi thanks for the reply Biffo

I dont think this will fit on my dish that i already got up as its been there for about 20 odd years :FRIGHT:

the link states it is for use on a MK4 dish, mine probably aint even a MK1 lol

I was thinking about something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LNB-HOLDER-AD...onEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2ead5afeb9

with a couple of these, is this ok

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250601523936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or maybe this kit

http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/in...ducts_id=139&zenid=um4mb4q3vlraon5tik79qm46b2

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
I took a couple of photo's last night of my very old dish, Can some one help me to identify it please so that I can figure out what I will need.

I was going to post the photo's last night but locked myself out of this site as I had forgot my password. :doh:

Thank's again
:flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave:

Can anyone help me identify what type of LNB I will need as after searching around I think I am going to have to buy a new dish too.

My dish seems to have a round pole type arm whereas all the LNB's I am finding have this what looks like a rectangular falt spatula shaped arm.

My one does have a funny shape within the round pole maybe this rectangular type LNB could slot into the end but I am not sure

Thanks again for looking

I took a couple of photo's last night of my very old dish, Can some one help me to identify it please so that I can figure out what I will need.

I was going to post the photo's last night but locked myself out of this site as I had forgot my password. :doh:

Thank's again
:flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave: :flagwave:

wouldnt a normal 40mm quad lnb just replace the one u have looks like it should fit fine :)

cheers
osborne82

Looks like an old sky anologue dish to me,i'd sack it and get a new one m8,you can get a motorised dish pack off fleabay for jus over £100...

Just too add that will be pointing @ 19.2 astra

Last edited:
wouldnt a normal 40mm quad lnb just replace the one u have looks like it should fit fine :)

cheers
osborne82

Thanks Osborne I think I will go for this, If it doesnt work then I will just have to buy a new setup

Looks like an old sky anologue dish to me,i'd sack it and get a new one m8,you can get a motorised dish pack off fleabay for jus over £100...

Just too add that will be pointing @ 19.2 astra

Thanks override but I dont want a Motorised setup and thought I could save myself time and hassle by using the already lined up dish, I know it is in the wrong place position wise but it would be easier for me to sort it out as it is already up there rather that mesisng around with a new dish. However I am now thinking about just buying a new kit but not really 100% sure as I dont want to mess around trying to get it plumb

How many sat receivers do you have in your home m8? 4 or more I guess?

Funnily enough I dont have any, well I got a DM518 yesterday as a starting point.

But seeing as you need 2 feeds for a HD box I thought I would get and OCTO LNB as I would like to have atleast 2 HD boxes and a SD in my room so would need 5 feeds atleast anyway so really was just trying to future proof :)

Funnily enough I dont have any, well I got a DM518 yesterday as a starting point.

But seeing as you need 2 feeds for a HD box

Only if you plan on having dual tuner boxes in each room for recording/watching at the same time, else 1 feed it is per box HD or SD.

Only if you plan on having dual tuner boxes in each room for recording/watching at the same time, else 1 feed it is per box HD or SD.

Yes sorry my mistake it is for PVR

as stated your dish is an old analoque dish but this will be pointed at 19 east as that were sky wer 20 years ago I assume you want sky digital so dish will need to be moved to 28 east
alex

Yes thats right but as its already up and pointing somewhere atleast I should beable to get a picture to make sure that all is well then as stated in a previous post I will move the dish. Its just easier than getting a new install done I think, which I may have to do anyways if the dish is knackered

Back