Pyronix Sterling 10 alarm help

LukeR2006

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have just bought a house bur the seller doesnt have the alarm code. Im going to try to get in to engineer mode tomorrow etc using advice from here. Does anyone know how to change or set a user code for arming / disarming system?

Mine might be an older model of the sterling 10 as my pcb is very slightly different with STB green wire for strobe. Also my keypad is not lcd its has lcd but a one digit screen not a newer text type lcd.

Thanks in advance. Alarm went off so we took out STB, Bell + wires etc

Send me your email address - I'll send full manual as it will need to be fully re-programmed

Hi I have the same problem only the installer is no longer in business and I can't find anyone selling pyronix products where I live. I just bought this house and today I decided to open the panel and press "1" then the alarm went off. I switched off the mains but when I switched it back on the alarm came on again.. Kept pressing numbered until now I have 2 red LEDs on (I think one is tamper) and error code says 6. Any help is appreciated.

Did you read the full thread? The link to the manual is above...

...you could introduce yourself too!

Did you read the full thread? The link to the manual is above...

...you could introduce yourself too!

Hi sorry I'm new to the forums. I live in Bahrain that's why I couldn't find anyone to reset the box. The guy who installed it apparently went out of business.

Anyhow, I read the thread, the links above are for user manuals only which I have. I read you need the engineer manual and to reprogram the device which I'm willing to do. I'm a techy guy myself so it shouldn't be a problem.

:Smokin:

No worries - sometimes people are encouraged after you've introduced yourself. You can do that here.

On the manual front, unless it's the default engineer code and someone happens to know it you may need to buy one.

You should be able to get a manual for around £10 here.

Hi sorry I'm new to the forums. I live in Bahrain that's why I couldn't find anyone to reset the box. The guy who installed it apparently went out of business.

Anyhow, I read the thread, the links above are for user manuals only which I have. I read you need the engineer manual and to reprogram the device which I'm willing to do. I'm a techy guy myself so it shouldn't be a problem.

:Smokin:

Now if you need an Engineer to attend to complete the job & willing to pay all costs ............... :Hit:
Hope you received the manuals
@ Him Her £10 for the manuals... I might have to give up being an Engineer and start selling my copies :thumbsup:

Stockton M8? If ya can get a visit to Bahrain good on ya... Is the Blue Posts on the High Street still open???

So long since I was out and about in the area...

...great area, been down York way for 26 years so they probably knocked everywhere down I used to get to...like the Rock Garden in boro lol

So long since I was out and about in the area...

...great area, been down York way for 26 years so they probably knocked everywhere down I used to get to...like the Rock Garden in boro lol

26 Years - Lol ...... I was 13 - TBH it's a sh!thole....Too many empty shops on the High St & idiots hanging around

Thanks Marty I got the manuals. You can fly to Bahrain and open up a business here instead of those guys. Been trying to get someone to visit and enter the code for weeks now and they don't seem to bother.

Unfortunately it seems the unit doesn't clear the NVM when power is reset. Tried that several times exactly as it says in the manual, used the jumper, disconnected mains and battery, restored mains and battery, removed the jumper. But still it doesn't restore to factory default codes. I think the only way to clear it is to get the engineer code which looks like its not going to happen. Anyone know of any other way to clear it? It's a useless box otherwise and I'll have to pay for a new one plus installation when this one is perfectly fine.

Thanks Marty I got the manuals. You can fly to Bahrain and open up a business here instead of those guys. Been trying to get someone to visit and enter the code for weeks now and they don't seem to bother.

Unfortunately it seems the unit doesn't clear the NVM when power is reset. Tried that several times exactly as it says in the manual, used the jumper, disconnected mains and battery, restored mains and battery, removed the jumper. But still it doesn't restore to factory default codes. I think the only way to clear it is to get the engineer code which looks like its not going to happen. Anyone know of any other way to clear it? It's a useless box otherwise and I'll have to pay for a new one plus installation when this one is perfectly fine.

Does any of you lads still have the engineer reprogram manual for this alarm ? Just moved into a new home and didn't get no code :-( seen someone from stockton comment am only from boro so help us out mate

Hi ,

I have been looking online to see if I can find the installation/engineer manual for the Rins211-4 version of the sterling 10. I can only find a later RINS416-12 version which as well as having a different control panel I assume has a different main board?

I need to remove the main box from my wall as having the wall replastered and I don't want to have the alarm going off when I open the box. I already know the engineer code, would the programming instructions be the same for the later version as mine?

If someone has a copy of the manual you could email me that'd be great. p. m. me for my email address. I tried to pm Marty but his box is full.

TIA,

Back