Putting Unleaded into a Diesel

I think diesel engine are solid as fook, much more hardy that the petrol equivalent, god help anyone putting £20 of diesel into their unleaded engine. :)

not possible on newer cars mate, as the diesel nozzle is smaller than petrol nozzles so its impossible :proud:

Hi
Mechanic friend of mine told me pre 2000 diesal engines as long as ratio is 2/1its fine but engines after 2000 is a different ball game.

Regards

Yeah, the high pressure fuel (common rail injection) diesels are a lot less forgiving.

to people who have diesel engines and stick a few quid of petrol to clean system out, is that for real, what chances of damaging the engine etc

always had a petrol but got a Diesel bus recently (Vauxhall Zafira) so never knew about this little trick

Dont do it

the zaferia is too new a car to be mixing fule you WILL damage the injectors.

Yeah, the high pressure fuel (common rail injection) diesels are a lot less forgiving.

My car is a 53 plate Astra G CDTI, which is common rail.

I guess I was just lucky. :)

Y20DTH its a 2.0 TDi

I'm no mechanic, but since you have the older DTi then you'll be fine.

Mine is the newer 'Common Rail' CDTi and these are the ones that can be fussy.

If I were you I'd be running that engine on chip oil. ;)

I'm no mechanic, but since you have the older DTi then you'll be fine.

Mine is the newer 'Common Rail' CDTi and these are the ones that can be fussy.

If I were you I'd be running that engine on chip oil. ;)
me to or heating oil

I did hear they are cracking down on recycled food oil at MOT ?

Don't know if its true or not but you are supposed to pay fuel tax if you are sticking it in your car ?

I did hear they are cracking down on recycled food oil at MOT ?

Don't know if its true or not but you are supposed to pay fuel tax if you are sticking it in your car ?

it is allowed, but you are only supposed to be able to get, say for eg 2000, before you should start paying tax on it. Cant really remember the true milage though, but how are they gonna no how many miles you have done on it unless you tell them?

it is allowed, but you are only supposed to be able to get, say for eg 2000, before you should start paying tax on it. Cant really remember the true milage though, but how are they gonna no how many miles you have done on it unless you tell them?

Yeah, I guess there is no way of telling from looking at the engine ?

There is a place not far from me that sells 'Biofuel' at 80p a litre.

It's basically recycled and filtered chip oil with some sort of detergent/thinner added.

That's a saving of approx 22p a litre, I run my car with 2 parts diesel and 1 part biofuel and I'll usually add a quids worth of unleaded.

Basically, my tank is full of soup, lol.

It's basically recycled and filtered chip oil with some sort of detergent/thinner added.

That's a saving of approx 22p a litre, I run my car with 2 parts diesel and 1 part biofuel and I'll usually add a quids worth of unleaded.

Thats the recipe for um bongo isnt it.

Apple Fuels in Glasgow ?
Wrecked the low pressure pump on a Picasso I had at the time :(

Apple Fuels in Glasgow ?
Wrecked the low pressure pump on a Picasso I had at the time :(

Aye mate.

I checked my pump out before using it and mine is ok with it as long as I don't use it 100%, so I normally, for me to be safe I need a lot more diesel than oil.

I only buy it if I'm passing, I don't drive in just to get it. I'm lucky if I've spent £100 on it so far.

Back