putting films onto psp.

d34n

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok guys im abit confused here, i converted a .avi film with Apollo PSP Video Converter from the downloads section into a .mp4 file, i then transfer it to my psp but all i get is a corrupted file icon on my psp and it wont play, any idea's whats going wrong here?

hmmm, i'm assuming i havnt due to i havnt got a clue what you mean!

how does this work?

Sometimes I download films and get corrupted data but most times they are fine. Try using psp9 video converter...it may help.

if a video file isn't named "M4V1000number.mp4" and located in the \MP_ROOT\100MNV01 the psp doesnt see it.

Try renaming it to M4V10001.mp4 and place it in the folder above

just tried it like that now and its still coming up with Corrupted Data :(

tried on 3.90 m33 then just tried on the newest 4.01 M33-2

if a video file isn't named "M4V1000number.mp4" and located in the \MP_ROOT\100MNV01 the psp doesnt see it.

Try renaming it to M4V10001.mp4 and place it in the folder above

I name all mine to their real film name and they work no probs, just the odd one says corrupted but I assumed they were bad downloads.

Never had any problems with Apollo...

just check everything is named propperly again...if it is then maybe its a bad download / conversion.

i just did a small avi clip with apollo and it works fine.

here is the otput folder

f_apollom_f064c2e.jpg

so inside the MP_ROOT folder it made the folder 100MNV01 then the 2 files files converted by apollo inside.

M:\MP_ROOT \ 100MNV01 \ M4V20010.MP4 & MV420010.THM

Never thought of renaming and putting any corrupted ones in that folder, I just download them and shove them in /video and they play fine 90% of the time

well the films works, ive played the .mp4 after the conversation and it works. it just dont do anything on the psp just says corrupted still.

well the films works, ive played the .mp4 after the conversation and it works. it just dont do anything on the psp just says corrupted still.

well if all the above is correct have you tried formatting the memory card or deleting the config.se file from FLASH1? or restoring factory defaults?

@ jaffa

yes mate the MP4 file will work in the video folder too.

it's just that apollo (and others) use the MP_ROOT as the default folder when transfering.

the .THM file isnt really needed either. Its just the thumb nail picture for the video selection menu.

Last edited:
Have you renamed the film? As if over 13 characters it wont show properly. Although it does sound like its something else. As kryton said format the card, delete the config.se file and see what happens after that.

i formatted the memory card and formatted flash1 and still no joy, i assume doing the flash1 thing in the recovery menu is deleting the config.se file?

k, still wont work, tried a couple of films now too. my psp must just not like playing films.

will it have anything todo with its a Jap psp?

Not sure if your using a fake or a real mem card
But i only ever get corrupt file when using my fake card

nyck

Back