PSP Totally Bricked or what?

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Thought i'd start my own thread to get some help here

I bought about 3 bricked psp's thinking that i could fix them.... how wrong i was

They all got the same symptoms:

Green light comes on for about 10 secs and then goes off

There is nothing else, no video, no lcd lighting up or any sound. 2 are that ic1003 board and one is normal.

I dont think they bricked because of homebrew software because i tried the R button while turning on and nothing happened.

I have seen some mainboards on flebay but i want that to be my last option and i am too scared to do that soldering thing on the non-ta8602 board or woteva.

SO...what am i left with? anyone got any pointers or any tips?

if there is no recovery menu (holding R2 while turning on) then they are fully bricked.
you have 2 options really.

1: mod chip for the non ta-082 or new motherboard.
2: new motherboard's for the ta-082's (ic1003) as they cant be fitted with a mod chip.

could always send them to sony ;) but then they would come back with the 3.11 firmware and would most probably cost a fortune.

i woz afraid of that

the mod chip looks too tricky for me to do and its only one board that is that non ta-082 thing

so i guess im just left with replacing the mainboard :S

i have no idea how the hell it could get bricked though. i dont think anyone could have tried to install homebrew onto it or try to downgrade it.

hmm... any ideas?

well downgrading is the most popular way to brick a psp, what makes you think nobody has tried to downgrade them?.

@ Kryton - good point actually. just look so nice n new i guess thats why. man im so bummed now :(

@ DoomedEarl - I opened them all up and did see some unconnected stuff and put them all right. I guess im doooooomed! lol

unless you do change the motherboards

and i guess as you brought them as broken/bricked in the first place then there is no chance of getting a refund :(

i can understand dropping them would certainly fook them up, but 3 is a bit of a coincidence, especialy as they all show the same symptons.

was they advertised as bricked or just not working/broken?

if all of them had something unconnected inside them, then maybe some 1 has already been messing about inside them, which would be strange.

Last edited:
@ Kryton - Yes i bought them as bricked thinking that I could mend them myself. I guess i gotta just get new mainboards. Does it matter which mainboard i buy? say if the psp has a ta-082 and i buy a non ta-082 mainboard, will it work? Yes someone has definitely been messing about because screws were missing and umd drive in 2 were disconnected. Im missing a bloody rubber grommit that sits between the analogue stick and mainboard in one!!! cant even find it on flebay! lolz

@ Doomed - i guess we all are mate, guess we all are... :(

Back