PSP Totally Bricked or what?

Pimped

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hey Guys

Thought i'd start my own thread to get some help here

I bought about 3 bricked psp's thinking that i could fix them.... how wrong i was

They all got the same symptoms:

Green light comes on for about 10 secs and then goes off

There is nothing else, no video, no lcd lighting up or any sound. 2 are that ic1003 board and one is normal.

I dont think they bricked because of homebrew software because i tried the R button while turning on and nothing happened.

I have seen some mainboards on flebay but i want that to be my last option and i am too scared to do that soldering thing on the non-ta8602 board or woteva.

SO...what am i left with? anyone got any pointers or any tips?

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
if there is no recovery menu (holding R2 while turning on) then they are fully bricked.
you have 2 options really.

1: mod chip for the non ta-082 or new motherboard.
2: new motherboard's for the ta-082's (ic1003) as they cant be fitted with a mod chip.

could always send them to sony ;) but then they would come back with the 3.11 firmware and would most probably cost a fortune.

Pimped

VIP Member
VIP Member
i woz afraid of that

the mod chip looks too tricky for me to do and its only one board that is that non ta-082 thing

so i guess im just left with replacing the mainboard :S

i have no idea how the hell it could get bricked though. i dont think anyone could have tried to install homebrew onto it or try to downgrade it.

hmm... any ideas?

Kryton

VIP Member
well downgrading is the most popular way to brick a psp, what makes you think nobody has tried to downgrade them?.

DoomedEarl

VIP Member
VIP Member
Or could have been dropped dislodging something inside. Thats what happened to mine once :'(

Pimped

VIP Member
VIP Member
@ Kryton - good point actually. just look so nice n new i guess thats why. man im so bummed now :(

@ DoomedEarl - I opened them all up and did see some unconnected stuff and put them all right. I guess im doooooomed! lol

Kryton

VIP Member
unless you do change the motherboards

and i guess as you brought them as broken/bricked in the first place then there is no chance of getting a refund :(

i can understand dropping them would certainly fook them up, but 3 is a bit of a coincidence, especialy as they all show the same symptons.

was they advertised as bricked or just not working/broken?

if all of them had something unconnected inside them, then maybe some 1 has already been messing about inside them, which would be strange.

Last edited:

Pimped

VIP Member
VIP Member
@ Kryton - Yes i bought them as bricked thinking that I could mend them myself. I guess i gotta just get new mainboards. Does it matter which mainboard i buy? say if the psp has a ta-082 and i buy a non ta-082 mainboard, will it work? Yes someone has definitely been messing about because screws were missing and umd drive in 2 were disconnected. Im missing a bloody rubber grommit that sits between the analogue stick and mainboard in one!!! cant even find it on flebay! lolz

@ Doomed - i guess we all are mate, guess we all are... :(

TEST