• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Psp 3.95 downgrade help

hi there i just bought a final fantasy 7 edition psp and it has firmware 3.95 on it is there anyway to downgrade or upgrade the firmware to a custom one without access to a pandoras battery.

pootas

DW Member ++
Simply...No...You will need a Pandora battery to do anything with that firmware ....

cheers for the quick reply but i was wondering if you could tell me what a pandoras battery was and how i would manage to get one

pootas

DW Member ++
Basically all a Pandora battery and memory card do is to put the PSP into a service mode...From there you can flash a custom firmware to them...If you have a custom psp already you can make a Pandora battery from that ...if not you can buy a datel battery and mem card from somwhere like deal extreme...

bro

VIP Member
VIP Member
is it a fat or slim psp,the already made pandora battery is called a datel tool

its the slim one just bought it yesterday and thought it would be as easy as my old psp if a knew it would be like this i wouldnt of sold it lol i seen somthing bout needing a magic memory card aswell lol are theese easyisly obtainable?

J

VIP Member
VIP Member
if ur going to get a datel dont get one of these as people having bother using grader and red datels

but can confirm these work fine

just got my pandora battery through then made my magic mem stick with the psp grader v005 but when i put the memory card in and put the battery in all i get is a blank screen does anyone know where i am going wrong

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Is the datel battery charged?

did you follow step 4?

4) YOUR MEMORY STICK IS NOW READY, UNPLUG THE PSP FROM THE USB CABLE, REMOVE THE BATTERY AND INSERT THE PANDORA'S BATTERY WHILST HOLDING THE LEFT SHOULDER BUTTON ON THE PSP. ONCE THE IPL HAS LOADED ON THE PSP SIMPLY PRESS THE X BUTTON. WAIT. AFTER AROUND 1 - 3 MINUTES THE FLASH SHALL BE DONE, PRESS X TO SHUTDOWN THE PSP, IT IS NOW SAFE TO REMOVE THE PANDORA BATTERY. [NOTE] ITS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO JUST WAIT AND NOT SWITCH OFF THE PSP OR REMOVE THE MEMORY STICK OR PANDORA'S BATTERY, IT COULD RESULT IN A BRICK THAT YOU DO NOT WANT.

Kryton

VIP Member
tried it over and over m8 could it be anything to do with it being just a new psp on 3.95of

wont be anything to do with the PSP mate.

does anything happen at all? any lights?

as far as i know you do get a blank screen....you just press X and wait for around 3 mins then press X to shut the PSP down.

just got a green power light and nothing else dont know whats up been trying google and everything but everything just says reformat and try again

Kryton

VIP Member
Hmmm if your doing everything correctly then it could be the memory card.

have you got another you can try?

madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
are you holding down the left shoulder button when you put your battery in as you used grader to do you MS

pootas

DW Member ++
I've had this before where you just get the green light...Turned out it was a dodgy mem card I was using....

ive tried 2 diferent 4gb memory card duo's but when i click information it says magic gate unkown then i tried a sandisk 1gb 1 which said magic gate supported but still the balnk screen with it