PS5 stock at Game

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a queue with an estimated time of 22 minutes. You then have 30 minutes to complete your order.
What's the chances of me being successful?? 😂

EDIT........I can answer that myself. It just jumped from 21 minutes to less than a minute before telling me they were sold out. 😂 😂 😂
Not even sure I wanted one to be honest. Always had an xbox before.

I got mine from Argos in June.
They were on sale at 5am and had gone by 6am.
Ive just had a VIP pass from currys so i have got a 2nd one for my lads birthday in May (unless you want to buy it for £700) 🤣
To be honest @chookey they arnt all that...
If your use to PC gaming like me (and i know you are )then its not that impressive.
I bought resident evil village. Had to turn off Ray tracing because it lagged like a biatch... whats the point of a next gen console with Ray tracing if you have to disable it.
Resident evil village runs flawless on my PC in ultra and ray tracing.

The only decent thing ive found with the PS5 so far is the controller.

Last edited:
I got mine from Argos in June.
They were on sale at 5am and had gone by 6am.
Ive just had a VIP pass from currys so i have got a 2nd one for my lads birthday in May (unless you want to buy it for £700) 🤣
To be honest @chookey they arnt all that...
If your use to PC gaming like me (and i know you are )then its not that impressive.
I bought resident evil village. Had to turn off Ray tracing because it lagged like a biatch... whats the point of a next gen console with Ray tracing if you have to disable it.
Resident evil village runs flawless on my PC in ultra and ray tracing.

The only decent thing ive found with the PS5 so far is the controller.
Cheers @Kryton. You're right I far prefer my pc. A mate of mine used to join me online via xbox to partner up on Ghost Recon Wildlands. He's absolute crap but I loved it cos he made me look almost capable. 😂 Worked wonders for my ego.

The plonker got rid of his xbox one and has a PS4 now so we're on different platforms. I'll probably keep my eye out for a good quality used PS4. His pc is one of my builds I was using about 3 or 4 pc's ago. The graphics card was nothing to write home about.

Cheers @KrytonI'll probably keep my eye out for a good quality used PS4.
And thats another thing.. most of the games ive played on the PS5 are PS4 games because their are not that many PS5 titles that interest me.
Ive got COD Cold war, Resident evil village and spider man miles morales.
At the moment ive been playing "The last of us" 1 & 2, both for the PS4 but are slightly enhanced on the PS5.

Theres not that many cross platform games around because console fans hate getting there ass whooped by a mouse and keyboard 😆

Last edited:
And thats another thing.. most of the games ive played on the PS5 are PS4 games because their are not that many PS5 titles that interest me.
Ive got COD Cold war, Resident evil village and spider man miles morales.
At the moment ive been playing "The last of us" 1 & 2, both for the PS4 but are slightly enhanced on the PS5.

Theres not that many cross platform games around because console fans hate getting there ass whooped by a mouse and keyboard 😆
By the way, you just mentioned another reason I wanted a PS, "The last of us". I repaired a PS for someone a couple of years ago and this was the game that accompanied it. I played a good bit of it when I was testing after the repair. I was a little gutted when they came to pick it up but had ran out of excuses to delay it any further. 😂

By the way, you just mentioned another reason I wanted a PS, "The last of us". I repaired a PS for someone a couple of years ago and this was the game that accompanied it. I played a good bit of it when I was testing after the repair. I was a little gutted when they came to pick it up but had ran out of excuses to delay it any further. 😂
I have enjoyed playing both mate.
I got PS Now for 3 months for a tenner and both are available to play on there and you can stream ps now games to your PC 😉
So that could be an option if you dont want to buy a console.

They were both really good to play.

I looked at buying from Game myself but only ones they ever have left in stock once i get through the queue were bundles which i've no interest in (PS5, fortnite and several other shit games, t-shirt etc) which adds a few hundred on top of the price.

I managed to get a digital version one bout 2 months back as I was in my local Game store just as that days deliveries turned up. Then last week BT were selling some so i managed to bag a Disc version one. I know my nephew is after one so may sell him my digital one for face value.

I have enjoyed playing both mate.
I got PS Now for 3 months for a tenner and both are available to play on there and you can stream ps now games to your PC 😉
So that could be an option if you dont want to buy a console.

They were both really good to play.
Wasn't aware of PS Now. Just took a quick look and I think it's something I need to have a good look at. Especially as it appears I may even be able to go online with my mate.
Nice one Kryton ;)

@darren221980. Yes, it was all bundles I was momentarily in the queue for. I'm not even sure if the one I was looking at was the digital or disc edition. Wasn't interested in the games they bundled so elected for one with a red controller and headset. At £604 something it wasn't cheap. I think it's a good job I wasn't successful

Wasn't aware of PS Now. Just took a quick look and I think it's something I need to have a good look at. Especially as it appears I may even be able to go online with my mate.
Nice one Kryton

Got mine here mate, cheaper than the ps store.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

There may be other cheap places to buy ps now.

Appears unfortunately that the 1st "Last of Us" game isn't available on PS Now. I'm now looking at trying the PS3 emulator on my pc. I've just downloaded the game on newsgroups so will have a play at getting this up and running later hopefully.
There's a YouTube video on how to set it up for that title and I also need to look at setting up to be able to use an xbox controller.

It's a wired one Spud. Been using it for years on my pc. I love my PC gaming but never got on with the keyboard and mouse controls 😂

Thought I'd better add that the setting up I was referring to was in the emulator. Not sure yet but it may only requite selecting.

Last edited:
Appears unfortunately that the 1st "Last of Us" game isn't available on PS Now. I'm now looking at trying the PS3 emulator on my pc. I've just downloaded the game on newsgroups so will have a play at getting this up and running later hopefully.
There's a YouTube video on how to set it up for that title and I also need to look at setting up to be able to use an xbox controller.
Just noticed its not there any longer.
And number 2 is only on untill January the 4th now.

Just noticed its not there any longer.
And number 2 is only on untill January the 4th now.
I was wrong Kryton, it's still there, just been playing it.
I tried the emulator but not able to get a good experience yet. I used your link mate and thought I would give the 3 month sub a go. Shit loads of hassle getting setup, all my fault I think 😂

Pretty impressed to be honest but think I would perhaps be better using a dual shock controller. It's a mite confusing with this xbox 360 controller plus there is no vibration.

I'm quite happy for now. You done good dude ;)

I was wrong Kryton, it's still there, just been playing it.
I tried the emulator but not able to get a good experience yet. I used your link mate and thought I would give the 3 month sub a go. Shit loads of hassle getting setup, all my fault I think 😂

Pretty impressed to be honest but think I would perhaps be better using a dual shock controller. It's a mite confusing with this xbox 360 controller plus there is no vibration.

I'm quite happy for now. You done good dude ;)
Ive not tried setting it up on my pc yet, i will give it a try and see how i get on lol.
On the ps5 you just login.
Im still using the xbox 360 controller on my pc and vibration works , but im using a wireless adaptor that came with a drivers disc, so maybe you havnt got the correct drivers installed? And are using windows native drivers?

I was looking at the wrong section for the last of us, it is there and 1 i didnt know exisited...the last of us : left behind.

Theres a A-Z list of ps now games here
Code:

Glad you sorted it though mate.

Ive not tried setting it up on my pc yet, i will give it a try and see how i get on lol.
On the ps5 you just login.
Im still using the xbox 360 controller on my pc and vibration works , but im using a wireless adaptor that came with a drivers disc, so maybe you havnt got the correct drivers installed? And are using windows native drivers?

I was looking at the wrong section for the last of us, it is there and 1 i didnt know exisited...the last of us : left behind.

Theres a A-Z list of ps now games here
Code:

Glad you sorted it though mate.
I made a Playstation login but somehow wasn't recognised on the PS Now app. I then had to link it to the PS Now which meant loads of entering a "suggested" password which is long and a pain to type in, followed by a load of texts for the 2 factor verification. After eventually being sorted I found that clicking on the game would take me to a page to subscribe for PS Now.
Ended up I had to close the app in the hidden taskbar and reopen before I was able to start the game.

Seemed really good last night but today it is stuttering. Only happens during movement. Can't be my internet speed so looks like their server is busy. By the way the vibration is working.
PING 14ms DOWNLOAD 844.09 Mbps UPLOAD 32.85 Mbps

I've been playing a little of "The Last Of Us" on the PS Now app. It's been jittery as hell whenever I move in the game. Every couple of seconds it jitters which has really been spoiling it.
Just had another couple of hours labouring away at it when I heard a couple of notifications on my pc. I minimised the game window to see if anyone loved me and the jitter disappeared!!! After I found that no-one loves me I maximised the window and the jitter was still gone. Was like playing a different game.
I can't explain why this was but may help someone with the same problem through search.

I tried "The Last Of Us 2" a couple of days ago and it was totally unplayable. Constant network issues which is complete bo**ocks as I'm on wired getting the speed shown in my post above this one.
But for £13 something for 3 months I reckon I'll get my moneys worth out of it. :D

We love you mate so dont feel down hearted 😆.
Ive not tried this on PC yet.
Is there no option on PC to download the game to HDD instead of streaming?
Or adjust graphic quality to compensate?

We love you mate so dont feel down hearted 😆.
Ive not tried this on PC yet.
Is there no option on PC to download the game to HDD instead of streaming?
Or adjust graphic quality to compensate?
Not that I've seen mate. Just looked online and looks like it's download to a console only.
The settings for graphics on the app consisted only of a brightness adjustment. It may just be a quirk with my graphics card. I have started the game up numerous times and always had the jitter but since I minimised then maximised that one time, it opens up and the picture is now rock steady.

Back