PS3 to adopt YouTube functionality

mxwizard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sony has confirmed that developers can now integrate YouTube functionality in upcoming or existing PlayStation 3 games.

YouTube's new development tools will enable gamers to capture and upload footage recorded while playing games, according to an announcement made on the its blog API.

"This YouTube upload functionality can be incorporated not only into new PS3 game titles, but also existing PS3 titles that have the ability to receive network updates," explained a YouTube statement.

"Gamers will now be able to upload their in-game video captures to YouTube. We're excited at the opportunity this presents and look forward to more and more games to be enhanced with YouTube," the statement added.

Source: gamesindustry.biz

yes this was one of the included features in the latest firmware update. only one game supports it just now, but the option is there for other developers to use it. i wish it was included in gta4, so i could record some of the crazy stuff that happens while playing that. especially online it would be a good feature. maybe they will make a patch to include this.

but i suspect that very few games will actually use this feature, but you never know, it could be very popular

Back