ps3 stuck in update loop

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi can anyone help me tryed updating a 3.50 to 3.55 and it got stuck in an update loop ive tryed all sorts to try get it back out of it but im having no look at all can anyone hlp me at all

hi can anyone help me tryed updating a 3.50 to 3.55 and it got stuck in an update loop ive tryed all sorts to try get it back out of it but im having no look at all can anyone hlp me at all

When you say update loop what do you mean exactly?

Are you trying to update via recovery mode?

Can you get into recovery mode? You will need to put 3.55 update onto a usb stick and update via recovery menu.

yes i managed to get it to the recovery menu but i put 3.55 on memory stick and click update but it just sits a checking please wait and goes no further

might be the stick.
format it, fat32
plonk the update pup in PS3/UPDATE folder
into recovery mode and try again.

already done that i tried to update in recovery in first place but would not have it so udated in xmb with usb istead thats when it crashed so now i cant update with it in recovery now

already done that i tried to update in recovery in first place but would not have it so udated in xmb with usb istead thats when it crashed so now i cant update with it in recovery now

Try restoring the ps3 and starting again.

what the lol pulled bluray drive out think the ribbon broke wiggled it and it updated so pretty chuffed but cant seem to find a new cable on net for it as its a different cable to the rest its the fat 160gb its got a skinny cable to the drive insead of the fat one

does anyone no where i can find the narrow ribbon for the ps3 bluray drive i cant find one

Back