PS3 Firmware 2.36 out

Yeah i was gonna say it dont do too much apart from stablise a few games. Anyone heard about the next release, version 2.40. Apparently it will finally have the ingame XMB we have been waiting for, aswell as Trophies(maybe like XBox 360 acheivements)

I think trophies are already built in for some games, just waiting for this to be released in the firmware.

If memory serves, GTA4 is one of them. I would also hazard a guess that GT5 will have some as well.

So its just like 360 acheivments then, that will be good. Its taken them forever to the the ingame XMB though, the 360 had it from day 1.

If memory serves, GTA4 is one of them. I would also hazard a guess that GT5 will have some as well.

were are they in gta4, never seen them?

and gt5 will definately have them since the game aint released for along time from now.

they are the same as the 360 version, you get awarded certain honours when you do something special, like pull offa huge stunt.

If I recall, for 360 owners these are acheivements, but for PS3 owners they are just in game things.

Apparently when you get them you put them in your 'Home' appartment in a special Trophy room, does this mean Home isn't too far away then??????

well, its still on a limited beta?

I have a feeling that Home may be a little ambitious for Sony in this regard.

I odnt think so , There plenty of vids prooving its accully working and there just testing it now - its suppost to be out in the summer, only time will tell, But i think it should be good.

they are the same as the 360 version, you get awarded certain honours when you do something special, like pull offa huge stunt.

If I recall, for 360 owners these are acheivements, but for PS3 owners they are just in game things.

i have 97.5% complete with one pigeon to find (which i dont think i ever will) for 100%, and i aint seen anything like the xbox360 acheivements for this game.

were in the game can see which ones you have completed, and which ones u aint???

I odnt think so , There plenty of vids prooving its accully working and there just testing it now - its suppost to be out in the summer, only time will tell, But i think it should be good.

if your talking about HOME, that has been seriously delayed. they are expanding the beta over the summer. then they are supposed to have a public beta near christmas. HOME wont be released for at least another year. if it ever will be released that isl.

i have 97.5% complete with one pigeon to find (which i dont think i ever will) for 100%, and i aint seen anything like the xbox360 acheivements for this game.

were in the game can see which ones you have completed, and which ones u aint???
you need to go into the stats, where it tells you how much you have done etc. I think that is where they are.

You also get similar in Devil May Cry 4 for certain acheivements, the same as you do in the 360 version.

I would assume that games on the PS3 & 360 that share acheivements like this could see an online recognition as soon as Sony releases the firmware that publishes trophies. It would be in the favour of the games companies to release updates for some games to boost the appeal somewhat.

Back