PS3 break and game updates

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a ps3, and some games on hdd, today, every game has needed an update, and its downloaded then failed

if i put the disc in, it still needs the update, but goes through the download, updates, then i can play the game from hdd again

is anyone else getting this problem?

just delete the update folders mate then it doesnt ask anymore!

ftp into where the game is stored if its on internal hd, and delete the update folder, or if external hard drive just plug into pc and delete the update folder just the same!

try and do this before you put games on internal saves the bother of ftp'in into it to remove the folder

ahh i didnt know you could ftp into it :)

ill have a look in a bit

obviously easier to take the game update folder out before you transfer the game, if there downloaded games, but if youve copied them from disc then ftp is the only way, never actually done it as all my games are downloaded so i take it out before i put them on, but it is possible with the ftp server on the ps3!

Digi grab the 1.4b firmware for your ps3 break dongle and it will allow installation of retail game updates via the games.

Ive installed quite a few now and it works spot on.

Link is in the ps3 break sticky.

I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure you can cancel out of those updates and play the game anyhow. I'm 90% certain you don't have to update on those games. Unless you want to play online. And this does not apply to Medal Of Honor or likely any new game from this point on.

As I said I could be wrong, next time try pressing circle and cancelling the prompt see if you can still play.

That`s correct Raven
I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure you can cancel out of those updates and play the game anyhow. I'm 90% certain you don't have to update on those games. Unless you want to play online. And this does not apply to Medal Of Honor or likely any new game from this point on.

As I said I could be wrong, next time try pressing circle and cancelling the prompt see if you can still play.

what updates are we actually talking about here, im a bit confused.

are we talking about the the firmware updates on the disc, or the downloaded psn updates??

i think theyre game updates. battlefield bad company said it needed updating to 1.20, and wouldnt let me play untill i put the disc back in and updated it, same with quite a few other games

what payload are u using.

as the latest ones, allow u to download and install game updates without any problems.

if u dont want to have to download any updates, then disable your internet connection on your ps3, so it cant see any updates.

Back