PS3 and Xbox 'Wii Remote' unveiled

NL7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Peripheral manufacturer In2Games has announced it is developing a Wii-like motion-sensing controller for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

The Gametrak Freedom will, according to its manufacturer, be "the most advanced motion-sensing controller yet".

Describing the technology, the company's website states that the "system does not rely upon the gamer pointing a controller at the screen or restrict the gamer to limited movements".

"Instead, it combines patent-pending ultrasonic and RF technologies with three-axis accelerometers to track the precise absolute position and orientation in 3D space of almost any wireless accessory such as golf clubs, baseball bats, tennis racquets, and bowling balls".

The first title in development for the new system is entitled Squeeballs, but no further details of the game are available as yet.

A release date for both Gametrak Freedom and Squeeballs is yet to be announced, but In2Games confirmed it will be 'soon'.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a104242/ps3-and-xbox-wii-remote-unveiled.html

so motion sensing for the PS3, which already has motion sensing.... Great idea eh?

Flippancy aside, it would be interesting to see how much support this gets from the games companies

Flippancy aside, it would be interesting to see how much support this gets from the games companies

Well with the Wii being a fly-away success I reckon games producers will be falling over themselves to get in on the action.

I'll be buying one, novelty controller + HD graphics = winner in my book :)

Well with the Wii being a fly-away success I reckon games producers will be falling over themselves to get in on the action.

I'll be buying one, novelty controller + HD graphics = winner in my book :)
is the wii a fly away sucess though? The lastime I read Kotaku the big sellers in the EU were the PS3 and 360. The Wii was nowhere to be seen.

For this sort of controller to be a sucess, both Sony and MS will need to support it, so I cant see it being huge. Now, if one platform has the exclusive rights to it, then I could see it being a moderate sucess.

Would Sony and MS need to support it? All it takes is a title like Res Evil to support it fully and it will go a long way to making it a success. The wii was by far the best platform for version 4 thanks to the control system.

Back